Chapter 21 - In The Wolf's Den - Projekt Red Route

Three days later after my duel with Lappland I was enjoying my solitude. It was a late evening atop the Rhodes Island landship. As I stood there feeling the crisp cooling air on my face and watching the landscape that was bathed in a bright orange glow, I heard footsteps coming slow behind me. I didn't turn. And I couldn't have guessed who it could have been if it weren't for the aura that his particular lupo had.

-''Hello Red.'' I said before turning around with a slight smile on my face.

She approached me and I could feel that aura which sent other lupos in frenzy. It seemed more potent than ever now, and I felt a pang of worry. She didn't seem any more serious than before, yet I was feeling something. I was feeling an intensity in her.

-''Had a long day?'' I asked simply and to the point. Calm, though it felt like she was approaching to deliver a sentence long coming.

She was looking me in the eyes, and I wasn't sure what to expect. She could hide her feelings as expertly as myself. All I could feel was a powerful intent. Other people or lupos would have probably jumped off the landship in my place right now.

-''Yes, it was.'' She said simply.

And she seamed to mellow a bit, as if trying to get over a struggle inside of her. She came by my side and looked outwards to see what I was seeing.

-It's a nice view from here, especially when there is no one around.
-Do you want Red to leave?
-No, I'd like you to stay with me, and enjoy this sight alone together.
-Tacet...

She trailed off, turning towards me. Her face and yellow eyes now radiating golden from the sun.

-How close do you want Red be to be with you?

I felt this was different. I now had realised her intent, her approach. She wanted to see, she wanted to know where it would lead... if it could lead somewhere with me.

-I'd like you to be by my side every day, Red.

I said with a voice filled with determination. Gazing intently into her eyes so that my intention couldn't be mistaken. Yet a shadow still lingered in her, I could see. She was unaccustomed to relating with others.

-Are you sure you would want that? After all, Red almost...
-''I want you Red.'' I said, cutting her off.

She looked back at me, her uncertainty now fully dispelled as I spoke those words. My arms were reaching towards her and this in turn emboldened her to do as well. My heart was picking up. We embraced tightly onto one another, our arms slipping and grappling around as we pulled. Both hungry to feel each other's blissful affection. We squeezed dangerously tight and still it was wonderful. Wonderful to feel this lupa upon me by her own will. To feel her warmth. I loved her. The sun was bathing us, wrapping us in its warm glow as if approving of this bonding. As if the celestial star itself decreed this was destiny being fulfilled. I gripped and pulled her up as I was taller than her. She gasped lightly at first, but she seamed to enjoy it. As I put her down on her feet again my right hand slipped on her soft cheek caressing it. She then gazed at me with a simple but warm smile that spoke volumes. She gripped my hand before she spoke again.

-Tacet, please come with me.

I nodded, following by her side. I was unsure what she had in mind this time, but I let myself led by her, our hands clasped together all the way. I cherished even this small gesture with her while we walked. Uncaring if anyone saw or would see us. She was the lupa I loved, and I would not let go of her. But as we walked I realised I wasn't content with just this. I was getting greedy and I knew it. And suddenly I had swept Projekt Red off her feet and up my arms! Eliciting even a surprised yelp out of her. Even the assassin didn't expect this.