Chapter Ten

Lainey's POV

~~~

I was groaning a little as I woke up, the sound being my only response for waking with a throbbing in my head, my hair tangled in my face and my body uncomfortably cramped from...

Wait, where am I?

Reluctant to find out just what had happened I cracked open one of my eyes and tried to inconspicuously push my hair out of my face as I looked around me and took in the landscape. I have to admit there wasn't much to see and I saw nothing but the coffee colored fabric of the couch, then my eyes registered black hair...and the head it belonged to.

Oh fuck.

Gerard was on the couch beside me, so deeply asleep he had his mouth open a little and his nearly shoulder length hair looked like it was as messy as mine felt.

Somehow we'd managed to fit on the couch together, with me having no other option than to be fully pressed up against Gerard with his arm tight around my waist to stop me from falling off. All of which I would have been completely and utterly fine with if not for the fact we were both butt naked save for the throw on the back of the couch pulled over us...

Oh yeah, and the fact I'd just slept with someone who was not only dating another girl but in the process of getting off drugs.

Thumbs up Lainey, you've really classed yourself right up this time.

I'm such an idiot, four years, I haven't seen Gerard for four years and the second I see him I end up inviting him back to my apartment so I can get drunk and bang him. So much for progress Lainey. I was supposed to be different and in the space of a few hours I'm naked and having at him like nothing had ever happened before I left England.

Trying to be as discreet about it as possible and not simply jump away as if the couch were on fire I moved Gerard's arm away from my waist and sat up, pushing my hair out of my face. It was daytime and I could clearly see that but a part of my body warned me that I'd never been good at waking up on time for anything.

All my muscles right down to my bones felt sore from the way I'd been sleeping on the couch and as I got to my feet I stretched, wincing and trying to get all the kinks out as I surveyed the damage that'd been done. There was an entire box of untouched pizza on the table, an empty bottle of wine on the floor, the glasses that went with it were tipped over and there were clothes strewn all over the floor.

It looked like we'd had the best party two people could have a had, a bong would have been pretty nice as well but it probably wouldn't have been an a-grade idea to have that in the same house as a three year old.

"Lainey, you're awake," Gerard commented and I turned around to see him starting to wake up. It was a sight I'd have loved to see everyday once, all tired and sex messed but it now wasn't one that belonged to me.

He was someone else's territory and I'd just completely invaded it without a second of concern.

"Yeah, I have a lot of stuff to do today. I don't get sleep in days anymore. How long have you been awake for?" I wondered as I went around looking for my clothes, my sweatshirt being the easiest to find and I pulled it over my head while I tried to find my underwear.
The one thing that didn't seem to be scattered on the floor, even my dignity was splayed out on the carpet.

"Awake would be a bit of a stretch," Gerard said as I threw him his shirt and trousers and he passed me my shorts. "Semi-conscience would work though, so I've probably been that for half an hour. Last night was uh, pretty fun wasn't it?" He asked and I pulled my shorts on with one hand while I tried to rub the remaining sleep from my eyes with the other. Unfortunately eye rubs only worked on sleep, not hangovers.