13

the tension felt so thick in my house. i don't know who or what it is, but i'm nervous for whoever. nic and i are good, i don't have to worry about her and i. it could be her and one of the kids though. they're always arguing. she's not here, but the tension has never been like this.

i walked out the kitchen and to the living room seeing the teenagers on the couch. they were oddly apart from each other making me squint. mmmmm. it's definitely them. neither of them even acknowledged me. they're literally always invading one another space so....

lyric was typing like she was upset on her phone and kameron sat biting her nails. she was looking at nothing specific, just staring in space. i shook my head going upstairs and leaving their issue to them.

my baby like girls and just won't tell us. she don't know how obvious it is though. miles really ruined her whole view of men. but at least she learned early. i would hate for it to happen when she's grown as hell and into her career. but little does she know, these women ain't shit eiitthhheeer.

i went to kyris room and saw that he was still sleeping. okay so i won't bother him right now. he's not about to get upset with me for waking him up. so i went to rumis room. she wasn't in sight but i knew she was in there because i heard her.

i knocked on her closet door before opening it. when we moved here, i was excited because there's limited places that she can hide. i always find her if i'm really looking for her. but it upsets her sometimes, so i try not to look for her too much.

just scream her name until she pops up.

"mimi."

"yes?" she looked up from the corner and i don't know how i didn't see her there. but she got up and came out. i just want to know what she knows about those teenagers in my living room.

"what's going on with your sister?"

"and her girlfriend?"

"yes i guess." i got in her bed and got comfortable. she just shook her head like it was some tea i'd missed. i'm not even surprised she knows. "what?"

"there's gonna be yelling later on."

"why?" i got under her covers. she'll see how it feels to have her bed taken. even though she has a big bed. it's insane because she's 9...bed is as big as onika and i's.

"lyric is mad at kam for talking to someone else. but they aren't even together so i don't know why she's upset. that just proves me right that she's gay." she shrugged and i chuckled. that last part was not needed.

"do you have an issue with gay people little girl?" i jokingly asked with a chuckle. she always calling her sister that. this is the most i've even heard her mention gayness. it's funny but it's like damn.

"no! i just think that if you are, say it. don't hide it. i wouldn't push her to say it if she doesn't want to, which is why i say it. but it's super obvious so it's like she might as well."

"you're nine." i was just in disbelief. every time rumi talks i have to remind myself that she hasn't even hit double digits yet...like how is she the way she is? onika.

"i knoowww. y'all tell me this everyday. i can't help that i'm mature."

i chuckled. she's right about that.

"but i like kameron, she's really nice to lyric. my sister just like kam so much to where she's going crazy in the head. i've seen them kiss." her eyes went wide like it was something she'd been ready to tell.

"really!? where?" my eyes widened too and i sat up some. don't judge me, i like talking to my children like this. it's a way of making them comfortable enough to tell me things. we can talk like normal people instead of just mother and daughter.