Part 10 "The Real World"

It was nearing evening, and it was decided that several people would go into the forest and find some dry branches for a fire. 5 people volunteered, and I decided to go sixth, so that everyone would be with a couple.

- Haaa, I thought that I could normally spend my summer days on the island, and not survive as in the primitive days.

Minamikata still couldn't calm down. While we were looking for wood, she told me all about how bad it was for her here and what she didn't like here.

- By the way, according to the forecast, we should have rain today?

Looking at the sky, I saw a large dark cloud. It's likely to rain in a few minutes. Although in the morning nothing even hinted at it.

- Hmm? It's probably going to rain. Oh, that sucks. Well, then let's go back. We won't be able to light a fire anyway.

- Wait, wait.

Minamikata already wanted to throw away the sticks that we had collected, but I hurried to stop her.

- What is it?

- After the rain, all the wood will be wet, and it will not be possible to ignite it. On the way here, I noticed one stone that protruded from the rock. It will serve as a roof so as not to wet the sticks.

Thunder rumbled in the distance, and in addition to this, not a weak wind rose.

Minamikata said something irritably again, and already turned to the side to return to the camp.

I was about to follow her when suddenly there was a loud crunch. Without thinking twice, I quickly grabbed Minamikata by the collar and pulled him towards me. Tangled in her legs, she fell next to me, and a large tree branch fell in her place.

Most likely, she was already a little broken, and the wind rocked her and broke her to the end.

- S-thank you.

Coming to her senses, Minamikata looked in horror at the place where she was standing a second ago.

Suddenly a cool drop of water fell on my head. Looking around, I could see the raindrops that began to fall from the sky to the ground.

There will be a full-fledged downpour soon, so we should hurry up.

- Let's speed up so as not to get wet.

- Yes, I am now... ah...

 Trying to get back to her feet, Minamikata fell to the ground with pain in nova's voice.

- What happened?

- I think I twisted my leg.

She replied, rubbing her left leg.

Only this was not enough. If this is true, or worse, then she will have to leave the exam. And we will get a penalty of 30 points. It wasn't in my plans, but I'm afraid there's nothing I can do right now.

Putting my firewood on the ground, I began to unbutton my jacket.

- What are you doing?

Minamikata looked at me in surprise.

I wasn't going to answer her, as it would take time, which we don't have much. Besides, she'll see for herself now.

Taking off my sports jacket, I opened it and put it on the ground. Then I picked up the firewood, put it on top of the jacket, then covered it from above, zipped it up.

It won't save you from the rain, but it will be a little easier to carry.

Then, approaching the Minamikata, I turned my back to her and sat down on one knee.