Arrival in Forks

[After the plane ride Vallie got off and got her suitcases only to look around for dad while Isabella was in the airport bathroom getting changed since she decided that she didn't want to just sit on the plane.]

Everyone makes a face at that.

Vallie soon finds dad and smiles before she goes up only to let go of her suitcases and hug him, "I missed you dad."

Charlie hugs back, "I missed you too Vallie."

Rosalie smiles, "I assume you're a daddy's girl."

Vallie nods, "I definitely am."

Vallie pulls away, "how are you and mom?"

"We're good," Charlie said with the smile still on his face until he sees his oldest daughter come up.

"You were supposed to get my bags," Isabella said before turning to dad, "hey Char-dad."

"Did she really just almost call your dad by his name?" Lucinda asked amazed only to receive a nod before she turns to Isabella, "he's still your dad."

Soon all three of them get into their dad's police cruiser and it was obvious that Isabella was mortified that she had to ride in it.

"Your hair's longer," Charlie said awkwardly since he wanted to start a conversation with her.

"I cut it since the last time I saw you," was the response he got from his oldest.

"It looks good," Charlie says, "how's Renée?"

"Mom's good," Isabella says before putting her earbuds in and listening to music.

Throughout the drive Vallie did what she could to cheer dad up then when they got home the car stopped and she immediately got her bags from the trunk while dad got all of Isabella's luggage since the said girl just bolted to the door.

Isabella's suitcases:

Their step-mom, Cora, sees Charlie come in with what appears to be a unhealthy looking boy with pale skin until she realizes that the 'boy' is Isabella then she spots Vallie so goes up and hugs the girl, "I missed you so much Vallie

Their step-mom, Cora, sees Charlie come in with what appears to be a unhealthy looking boy with pale skin until she realizes that the 'boy' is Isabella then she spots Vallie so goes up and hugs the girl, "I missed you so much Vallie."

Vallie hugs her back, "I missed you too mom."

Isabella rolls her eyes at her sister call the woman 'mom' when the woman is clearly the maid.

Vallie's jaw drops open in shock before she gets angry, "dad called one day and told us that he was marrying her and she is a waitress at the local diner and has never been a maid. She makes dad happy and I ended up having to set them up."

Baileywick speaks up, "how did you do that?"

"I'm sure it will show how I did it at some point," was Vallie's response.

Charlie takes them to the second floor, "Bella, your room is on this floor and I made some space on the shelves in the bathroom."

"Right, one bathroom," Isabella comments.

Vallie wasn't about to say that she had a bathroom in her bedroom.

"And Vallie, your bedroom is waiting for you in the attic," Charlie said only to see his oldest get smug only for it to go away once Vallie grins.

Vallie hugs her dad happily, "thank you dad!"

Charlie smiles until Isabella stomps to her bedroom and slams the door, but he just goes up to the attic and sees her looking around at everything, "I assumed that you still loved color, so I left the things you got here and I also got a fingerprint scanner thing for your door since I remember that your sister loved to barge in and I doubt that stopped while living with your mother."

"I love it," Vallie said while mentally agreeing that mother wouldn't do anything to stop Isabella from barging into her room back in Phoenix...between Isabella and Renée the chances of either one of them barging in would be 50/50.

"Would they really just barge in?" Hildegard asks only to receive a nod.