Royal hunt.

The following week...

Alice Pov.

After the banquet, everyone seemly did their own thing with the occasional reunion here and there to check up on the guest well-being, so for the most part it was uneventful but that will come to an end with the upcoming hunt which is where we are headed right now. 

This was a pretty exclusive event so the guest list was pretty short, this list included the four affiliated empires and the minister's family household. 

As usual, Liam is stuck to me like glue and won't leave me alone but I've gotten used to it so It doesn't bother me anymore.

Liam: You have to be on your toes during this hunt it's been so quiet these few weeks I'm sure they're going to try something after all our union will terrorize many so they will try to stop it at any cost.

Alice: Don't worry I can protect myself so let them come and see if they can survive my wrath plus aren't you going to protect your future wife honey? Or are you bored of me already? if so then good for me.

Liam: Of course, you got me, I will never let you down and you will never be able to get rid of me, my love, even if you hate me and beg me to let you go I won't, know this Alice if you run away I will follow you even if you hide in the deepest part of hell.

Alice: You say this now but know I'm an unforgiving person so if you backstab me there will be hell to pay and if we were to marry you won't have any concubines or I will give you and them a painful death because what is mine can not be touch by anyone.

Liam: it's good we are on the same page my wife, you don't have to worry I only have you in my heart and nothing will change that fact.

Meanwhile, a terrified servant boy stood frozen in front of the carriage wondering what he walked into he simply wanted to let them know that they'd arrived but instead was left to question the couple's mental state since what he heard was far from a normal love confession therefore he hurriedly let them know of their arrival and left.

By the time the royals and nobles arrived at the hunting place, everything was ready so all that they needed to do was go to their tents and rest for the hunt which would start in a couple of hours.

The royals and nobles may be resting but schemes never rest so as they were happily chatting away in their groups they were oblivious to the danger hiding In the corners.

Liam pov.

After we rested for a bit the hunt finally started, the rules of the hunt were simple the one with the most game at the end of the day would win.  As the hunt started everyone went on their way as for me I followed my wife. 

Everything seemed to go well so far we hunted and laughed enjoying our time together but as fate would have it we were ambushed by a group of assassins. 

As we were fighting our way through a fire broke down caused by the assassins, despite their best efforts we were killing left and right until we were cornered near a cliff, and at that crucial moment, my wife slipped and fell so  as her husband my only option was to save her.

Alice pov.

The instant that I fell he threw himself in my direction and flung me back up with his inner strength telling me to escape and live on,  this idiot coerce me into liking him just to die on me, he will get it from me after we get through this.  

The moment Alice threw herself off the cliff to embrace him Liam could not help the smile that plastered on his face after all his cruel beauty cared for him at last with this they silently awaited the fall, After they fell into the unforgiving water Liam took all the impact of the fall so Alice found an unconscious Liam by the shore,  she ended up taking her seriously injured fiance to a cave. 

It turns out that Liam had been poisoned by a cold Poison and the unforgiving cold water and several injuries had caused the poison to attack his weakened body. since she needed to warm him up as soon as possible she took off his drenched clothes and made a bonfire with fallen branches and leaves after that  she went out to look for herbs to treat his wounds, she used rosemary for anti-inflammatory purposes, oregano to prevent infection mixed with aloe to speed up healing therefore making it into a cream making it easy to apply in the wounded areas. After she apply the medicine she bandaged him with tears of her dress but the worst was yet to come as he got a fever so she had no other choice but to provide body heat to him to bring down his temperature.

Who would have thought that the hunters would become hunted? Will they survive this ordeal or will they perish without knowing who is behind the ambush? Is the genius doctor from the future up to the task of saving her husband without advanced equipment or will Liam die before the wedding? Let's find out in the next chapter.