Stay with me.

The next day...

Alice was at a loss for words, she felt helpless as she could not help the man who stole her heart, she cleaned and treated his wounds and brought down his temperature but she didn't have the herbs to cure his cold poison at the moment.

If he didn't wake up soon he would die so she desperately tried extracting the poison out of his body before it had the chance to reach his heart therefore slowing down the effects of the poison giving her time to cure him after going back.

She extracted some of the poisoned blood, just enough to slow it down but even that did nothing to wake him up, even so, she was not giving up using herbs to counteract the poison and placing it in her mouth to make him drink it mouth to mouth.

Having done everything that was on her hands to help him the only thing left to do was wait for the medicine to take effect, several hours passed but he didn't wake up and Alice was getting nervous.

At this point she didn't know what else to do so she just quietly grabbed his hand and for the first time in years she genuinely cried for someone as the reality hit her like a brick wall, the man she came to love was now slowly dying in front of her and she could not help him anymore.

she was now in ancient times with no technology and no resources since she was in the middle of nowhere with the wrong herbs around her and nothing that could help him.

Alice thought to herself what is the point of knowing how to treat him if I can't help him, at this moment she regretted only carrying poison on her and not healing herbs.

As she started to prepare for the worst outcome possible a desperate whisper escaped her lips and she begged please stay with me don't leave me, honey.

Alice POV.
I almost jumped out of my skin when I felt Liam squeeze my hand, at that moment I didn't hesitate and threw myself into him and hugged him tight but soon had to let go of him as I heard him gasp in pain.

Alice: I'm so sorry honey.
Liam: say that again
Alice: I'm sorry
Liam: not that
Alice: honey
Liam: It's all good I'm so happy that you were so excited to see me awake.
Alice: I am really glad to see you awake.
Liam: How could I dare disobey my wife when she asked me to stay, at that moment I knew I could not die.
Alice: "blushes" How much of that did you hear?
Liam: Enough to know that my cruel beauty loves me back.
Alice: Now you're mine, honey.
Liam: and you are mine, love.

After that cheesy interaction, Alice tried even harder to nurse him back to health, and within a few days he was as lively as ever since he was a martial artist he could use his inner strength to keep the poison at bay, Alice knew this which is why she tries so hard to wake him up.

thought Alice was overjoyed that he woke up, she promised herself she would never live it up to fate anymore and would improve more since now she had something to protect.

After Liam was good to go they headed back up the cliff with a bamboo kite, Alice decided to make it with that particular plant since it's strong and light, and with Liam's martial arts they were able to get enough momentum and therefore fly in the direction of the palace and when they we're directly over it they jumped down.

Alice and Liam decided to head straight to the throne room where Emperor Qing would be,  as they suspected he was there but he was not the only one since the whole alliance was gathered there.

There was a sea of shocked faces all around them, no one expected them to just pup up out of nowhere since this was the very couple that the search party had been looking for a week to no avail and had just been declared dead due to the fact there was no trace of them.

Alice POV.

Alice: Don't look so surprised to see us alive if I didn't know any better I would have thought that you guys wanted us dead and are unhappy to see us alive.

Father: Where have you been my child? We didn't leave any stones unturned looking for you to no avail.

Alice: Well father during the hunt we got ambushed by a group of assassins and then fell off a cliff causing Liam to get heavily injured therefore we were forced to hide in a cave so I could nurse him back to health and headed straight here after he was back on his feet.

Father: This will be investigated we can't ignore this, I'd like to see who is bold enough to do this under my nose.

Mother: I'm just glad you too are safe and sound, you don't know how worried I was Alice.

Alice: I'm okay mother you don't have to worry anymore.

Ashton & Colton: Are you alright brother?

Liam: Yes I am alright, my wife nursed me back to health.

Empress Stuart: It's a relief that you guys made it back.

And just like that everyone gathered there expressed their greetings and relief to the couple that was thought to be dead, some showed concern for them and others seemed disappointed to see them well.

With that, Alice took Liam's hand and headed to her courtyard to rest far away from the prying eyes.