Chapter 21

Jenna POV:

Matthew left me to do all the shopping, only making a quick appearance when I texted him to come pay for everything. I used those moments to sneakily take pictures of him paying.

As I scanned the aisles, anything that caught my eye found its way into the shopping cart. I'm not footing the bill after all. My child's father and husband is.

"Have you thought of any names? I have some but I wanted to see what you had." I mentioned attempting to engage him in conversation.

"Yes, I have. Can I see your list?" He glanced at me, slightly interested. I am keeping the gender a surprise for as long as possible, mostly so that Matthew could take me shopping again to get items for the gender.

The thought of having both a baby shower and a gender reveal crossed my mind. That way, I could enjoy two celebrations and receive a ton of gifts at both events.

My impending due date scared me. My life would never be the same. I couldn't just think about myself anymore, I would have to prioritize the baby.

Sleeping in and hanging out with friends would soon be replaced with sleepless nights, cries, and diaper changes. That's why I needed to secure a nanny as soon as possible, so I can still have that.

"Yep." I handed him my phone so he could look through it. For the first time today, he seemed genuinely engaged in our conversation.

"Cayleigh, Haleigh, Baileigh, Everleigh, Mckenzie, Brittany, Stacy, Lauren, Tiffany, Jennifer." He looked at me skeptically as he read the names out loud.

"They're so good, I know. If you like those, look at the boy names." I urged him, smiling happily.

"Kayden, Brayden, Aiden, Zaiden, Spencer, Garret, Tobi, Chad, Brad, Henry, Brian, Kyle and Matthew Jr." He stopped at Kyle and looked at me incredulously.

"I have middle names too." I said excitedly.

"How about you leave naming the baby to me? If you like it, it'll be the finalized name. Yeah?" I was stunned. This was the most involved he's been.

"Yeah!!" As long as he talked to me I didn't care what the baby was named.

We visited a few more stores, and I filled bags with clothes for me and the baby. Although I wanted to explore big stuff like strollers, cribs, and car seats, Matthew assured me he had it all taken care of.

Our shopping spree ended when we ran out of stores to shop at. Matthew didn't waste any time gathering up all the bags and heading towards the exit. He moved too fast for me to start a conversation.

I led him to my car where he started to load the bags in. He mentioned that he had gone shopping for some things which were now at his house.

I gasped loudly on purpose, causing Matthew to look at me.

"What is it?" He asked, concerned.

"The baby is kicking." I feigned surprise. "Here feel it." I grabbed his hand and placed it on my belly. I started to move his hands all over my belly.

"I don't feel anything." He said, doubtful.

"It went away as soon as you touched me." I lied.

"My baby shower is in two weeks, my due date is another two weeks after that." I changed the subject quickly. I watched him pause for a bit. "Do you think you can make it?

"I'll be there for the delivery. But as for the baby shower, we'll see." He said, his packing more hurried.

"Wait!" He paused, not even turning to look at me.