Chapter 5

Matthew's POV:

I was taking an early leave from work so I could have some time alone with Jenna, my mistress.

I never planned on having an affair. It was something that happened after a misunderstanding with Vanessa.

I couldn't help but think of the dreadful night where I messed up everything.

After a long, and slightly stressful day at work, all I wanted to do was cuddle with my wife.

I wanted to bask in the scent of her floral perfume while I held her in my arms. I loved listening to her talk. Her telling me about how her day went was the perfect way to end mine.

I wanted to leave kisses down her neck as  we watched a movie.

I enjoy every moment that Vanessa spends with me. I couldn't explain how badly I wanted to spend my days with her.

It was my day off, but I was called in today because our yearly audit was approaching and I needed to fix any discrepancies in my client database.

Vanessa was spending the weekend at a spa resort with Tamera for her birthday.

I tried my best to convince her to stay but she wouldn't budge.

I just wanted her to stay especially with our anniversary coming up.

I was planning on giving her a portrait of us as one of her anniversary gifts.

I just need to find a good picture of us to use which is why I needed Vanessa's laptop.

She stored all her photos in there.

It didn't take long to find it, Vanessa always kept it in the same location.

Opening it up, I waited for it to boot up before typing in her password.

I was surprised to see that she had unopened Skype messages.

There was frequent Skype messages from a guy named Jesse.

I went to his message box and it looked ike they made plenty of video calls to each other.

Jesse: Hey Vanessa, are you still interested in taking the trip? I know you were still deciding on the date. I had an amazing time last month.

Vanessa: Hi Jesse, I decided to take you up on your offer. August 3rd-August 7th right? I'm sure you did, it's all you talk about.

Jesse: Great, it's the perfect time to go in my opinion. There's plenty to do when you're there. I'll send you the pictures.

Vanessa: I'm sure the pictures look great. Can we meet up next week to finalize everything. Is next Friday okay for you?

Jesse: Friday's perfect. Rusty's at the usual time?
Vanessa: Yeah, I'll see you then.

My fists clenched and I was sure my face was heating up.

Was she seeing him? Is that been why she's been so secretive lately?

What did she mean by taking him up on his offer? Was she cheating on me?

How could she do this to be? Vanessa potentially sneaking around with this Jesse guy was all I could think about.

I needed a drink. It was the only thing that could take my mind off this.

When I find out who this guy is, I'll make him pay.