Chapter Two

Kaylani's pov:

I always walk to work, because I don't have a car. But I honestly don't mind, because the roads are always crazy with tourists and people trying to get to where they need to be. My job is only a few blocks down from my apartment, so it isn't that long of a walk.

As I am walking down the sidewalk, I wasn't really paying attention to where I was going, I was to busy looking at all the buildings. "New York is extremely beautiful and crazy." I tell myself.

But then all of a sudden I run straight into a wall or something. Causing me to drop my purse and everything inside of it. "Fuck, that hurt like a bitch." I say getting upset.

I look up to see what I just ran into, but then I see a man. An extremely fine man. "Goddamn." I say a little to loud. Which causes the man to look at me crazy. "Oops."

"Maybe next time instead of looking at buildings, you should watch where you are going." He says while glaring at me. "Umm, excuse you. I don't know who you think you are, but you didn't even let me get the chance to say sorry. You just started to run your stupid ass mouth, getting mad at me. For running into you on accident. It's not like I did that shit on purpose." I start talking louder while picking up my stuff off the ground. "Fuck you." I tell him, then walk away.

Before I walked away, I could see how shocked he was that I started yelling at him. "Guess he has never been put in his place." I laugh at that, cause the man had no right to yell at me, for accidentally bumping into him.

As I was continuing my walk to work, I was thinking about how handsome he was. Even though he was straight up an asshole, he was still fine as hell. He had a perfectly shaped jawline, fluffy dark brown hair, was wearing an all black suit, and had rings, and a nose ring on. He was drop dead gorgeous. I find myself drooling over him. But then realize he was an ass to me, and I shouldn't be thinking about him like that.

I stopped thinking about him, right as I saw my job. I really do love my job, it's just sometimes it can get really annoying, and boring at times. But when my bestfriend shows up to work it is a party.

I met my bestfriend when I was around 16, and we have been inseparable ever since. He is always there for me when I am at my lowest, or just want someone to hang with. And I am the same with him. His name is Luka, and I will never ask for a better bestfriend.

I walk into work, and head straight for the back. I put my purse in my locker. Then I grab my apron and head straight to the cash register where I begin to take orders. "I hope this day goes by fast" I whisper to myself, before taking a ladies order.