Chapter Five

Kaylani's pov:

"Um, hello, lady. Did you hear anything I just said?" A random woman said, I could tell she was getting annoyed with me. But I don't care. I had to come into work earlier than usual because I had to help restock the store.

"No, sorry. I didn't, could you tell me your order again please?" I ask her, getting annoyed myself. "Actually I'm just going to take my business somewhere else." She tells me, walking away while rolling her eyes. I didn't give a fuck though. She was kind of a bitch.

Right as she leaves the building, I turn around and find my boss glaring at me. Probably mad because we lost a customer's business. "Kaylani, you can't just zone out and not take orders." He yells at me. "Well, first of all that lady was kind of bitchy, and second of all, you're the one that called me in extra early to help "restock" but then when I got here didn't even need help because you did it yourself." I say calmly, but obviously upset because he is such a fucking dick.

Who calls an employee in early in the fucking morning to "help" them, but then doesn't even need the help. I'm pissed. I walk away from him before he gets the chance to respond, and walk into the back to grab my phone.

"12pm" I say while checking the time. Luka should be here already, I think to myself. Right as I think that, I hear his extremely loud ass voice. Laughing to myself and shaking my head, I head out into the front to see him talking to the dick of our boss.

Or should I say flirting with him. If you couldn't already tell Luka is gay, and a big time extrovert. One of the reasons I love him, he is always pushing me to do things I wouldn't do being an introvert. But he never forces me to do anything.

I walk up to him, and give him a hug. "Alright Luka, come on leave Jake alone." I tell him, grabbing his hand and taking him away from Jake. I honestly think Jake doesn't mind having Luka flirt with him, but he always tells people he isn't gay. "See you later Jake." Luka yells winking at him before I drag him all the way into the back.

"Luka you're crazy I swear to god." I say laughing. "I'm so glad to see you here though. This customer was being a bitch to me, and then decided to leave." I tell him. "I am not crazy!" He says fake being offended. "Seems like that customer is crazy though." He states.

"Honestly though." I tell him. "Anyway, we should go back out there before Jake starts yelling." I roll my eyes while saying that. "Jake would never yell at me, he loves me too much." Luka tells me. "Yeah, definitely Luka." I agree with him, while shaking my head.

Me and Luka walk back out to the front, going straight to the registers and just talk for a bit before customers start coming in more. "We should go to the club tonight." Luka whispers to me. "Luka no, I don't want to go." I tell him. "Come on please." Luka begs me. "Idk maybe, I'll have to think about it." I say. "So yes then, good I'll pick you up at 8 tonight." He says excited.

What have I got myself into. I complain in my head. Before taking another customers order. Great now I have to find an outfit to wear tonight.

---------------------------------------------------------

Later on that evening...

I'm back at home, looking for an outfit. "It really shouldn't be this difficult." I say out loud to myself. I eventually found a red skin tight dress, that hugs my curves just right. Then these heels that I really liked when I saw them at the store.

After putting the dress on

After putting the dress on. I start doing my makeup, just a little though. I'm not a big fan of wearing makeup, so I only put on mascara and lipgloss. I touch up my locs, and fix my edges. Then put my heels on, and check the time.

"7:50." I say. Grabbing my purse and then hear a knock on my door. I go to open the door. "Well damn, you look really good." Luka says, causing me to laugh. "Thanks Luka, you look good too." I tell him. "Just give me a second, I want to check on Milo before we go." I say before turning around and checking to make sure he is okay. After I see he is fine. I walk back and turn off the lights.

Walking out the door with Luka. Making sure I lock before my door, before we walk out my building. Getting in his car. I don't know why I agreed to this, I hate people. Why would I want to be around a bunch of drunk people I think to myself. Maybe tonight will be fun though, I tell myself. Trying to think positive. "What could really go wrong." I mumble to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note...

Okay I felt like I should give you guys a small description of what Luka looks like. So Luka is an African American man, 24 years old. darkskin. He is gay asf. Dark brown eyes. He has dreads. He is about 6,0, and extremely sassy, funny, handsome, and thoughtful. Obviously a huge flirt.

Sharp jawline, and has multiple ear piercings, and has a tounge piercing.

I love Luka's personality he is such a bestie stg

Anyway sorry for posting so late, I was kinda busy today.

Also I just want to make it clear that I do not condone women being called bitches, I just did it for the story!!

Love you guys!! <3