Behaved Husband?

I came home after a long day and walked inside the apartment that my husband and I share. I take off my jacket, hang up my keys, and go to take care of my lunch box. My husband, Barm, he took my lunch box before I could enter the apartment any more and took care of it for me, this surprised by this as he is normal at work for another hour. I look around the apartment and dinner is made, everything is clean, all the chores seem to be done, and there is a wrapped box in my seat at the table. I look at my husband and he is wearing not fancy clothes but decently fancy clothes. Barm's red eyes are forced on my lunch box, his black shoulder length hair is pulled back.

"What is all of this about?"

"All of what darling?"

"You're home early, dressed up, made dinner, done the chores and there is a present in my seat."

"We can talk over dinner. Why don't you sit down?"

I sat down in my seat putting the gift on the table. Barm makes us both our plates and sits down, looking at me with a smile. We both start eating.

"How was your work darling?"

"It was work. How has your day been?"

"I have been cleaning the house and when shopping for that gift you put it on the table."

"You have done a lot today. What did you do?"

"I got injured at work."

"Again? Where? What happened?"

"On my chest, I got shot."

"I'll bandage you up after dinner."

"I already did."

"What do you mean you already did?"

"I mean at work I put bandages on."

"Did you take the bullet out?"

"Yes, I did."

"What else did you do?"

"What do you mean?"

"How else did you get injured?"

"Why don't you open my present for you?" Barm changes the topic and the look on his face tells me that he did get injured somewhere else but he doesn't want to tell me.

I grab the gift, unwrap it, and pull out a bracelet. I put on the bracelet. The bracelet fit perfectly, there was a dog in the middle of it, on the right side of the dog is Carwyn and on the right is Barm, our names.

"Thank you, dear."

"You're welcome darling. I'm glad you like it."

"You still have to show me your chest after dinner."

"I was hoping I could get out of that."

"Nope, not when I know you are injured."

"I should have stayed quiet."

"I would have found out either way."

"I know."

We finished eating, Bram insisted on putting everything away and washing dishes so I let him. While he does that I grab the first aid kit and wait for him on the couch.

After a few minutes Barm comes out, sees me on the couch with the first aid kit, sits next to me and takes off his shirt. I check the bullet wound and I see a huge gash in his torso. I clean everything up and put on new bandages.

"Doesn't that feel better?"

"Yes, it does."

"You really have to be more careful at work."

"I will try, but if it makes you feel better I can't go to work in till I am completely healed."

"That does. Let's head to bed now dear."

"That sounds like a plan."

We both get off the couch and we go to the bedroom and sleep.