Chapter 3: Pristine Island.

Present Day.

Mikayla, Seventeen years old.

Kellan, Eighteen years old.

Mikayla's POV.

Pristine Island was divided into two areas, Pristine Hill and Pristine Grove, I was born and raised in Pristine Hill, a place with all the nice beach houses and some of the wealthiest people on earth.

My Dad was a doctor who married a lawyer, he wasn't born rich, he was introduced to riches while my Mum was born with a silver spoon in her mouth.

My Dad told us stories about how he grew up poor and worked hard to get where he was, he also promised my sister and I that we'd never know what being poor was like, hence why my sister Grace and I never lacked any material things, our parents would get us whatever we wanted without question.

For example, I wanted a Jeep Wrangler so I could drive myself to school senior year instead of having my mum's driver drive me places everyday and, they actually bought me the goddamn thing.

Had me wishing I had asked earlier.

"Kayla, we're late." Marcus stormed into my room and shot me an annoyed look through the mirror when he noticed that I was still doing my makeup on my dresser.

I spun around in my chair, smiling at how presentable he looked in his school uniform.

His maroon and white striped necktie was in place, his white shirt was perfectly ironed, his gray jacket neatly buttoned and his shirt was actually tucked into his maroon slacks.

The other kids at pristine academy could never relate.

"You look good." I teased.

"I always look good," he showcased his prince charming smile, smoothing a hand down his necktie, "Now c'mon, we're gonna be late," he scolded, moving to my bed to shove my scattered books into my backpack.

I sighed and turned around to finish my makeup.

After finishing up, I put on my thigh-high socks before slipping into my Fendi ankle boots.

"Okay, I'm done." I announced to Marcus who was watching me the entire time.

"I have to tell you something." He said, sounding all serious.

"Alright, but first..." I raised my index finger, silencing him as I walked backwards towards my walk-in closet.

I hurried into my closet, reached my hand behind my shoe rack and grasped the crystal head vodka that I stole from my Dad for that very moment, not forgetting the shot cups.

I walked out of my closet holding the bottle in the air, Marcus shook his head at me and smiled.

"You didn't."

"Oh, but I did." I shoved the tiny cup in his chest, "Here's to the last days of high school," I opened the bottle and poured in his cup and mine.

He frowned a little, "I can't believe it's almost over." He almost sounded sad.

"I can." I clicked my cup with his and took the shot, groaning at the burn.

"Pussy." Marcus smirked before taking his shot and keeping his face neutral, like the burn didn't affect him at all.

"Show off." I snatched the cup from his hand and hid the bottle back in my closet.

I trudged out and grabbed my backpack and car key from my bed.

"Oh, did I tell you that I have a new car?" I asked him as we walked out of my room.

"Only a billion times." He chuckled behind me, "It's red." He said when we got outside.