Chapter 8: 1800 Private School Shit.

Kellan's POV.

I would have never guessed that I'd be waking up to a beautiful sunrise with Mik soundly sleeping beside me.

She told me everything I missed out while I was away, I felt like she kept going on and on about God knows what because she didn't want me to speak and she also didn't want to look at me while she rambled.

I was probably misreading it but it almost looked like I made her nervous, she was talkative but she only rambled nonsense when she was nervous, that theory was ridiculous cause why would I make her nervous?

I turned to stare at her still asleep on my shoulder, I couldn't help but smile at how adorable she looked.

That genuine smile on my face felt weird, it came naturally and that hadn't happened in a long time.

"Mik," I whispered, lifting my hand to touch the side of her face but she didn't wake up.

Still a deep sleeper.

"Well, well, well, this is interesting," my brother Marcus was leaning his shoulder against the french doorframes on my balcony.

"Good morning, I'm good thanks for asking, how are you?" I responded.

"What is she doing here?" He pushed his shoulder off the wall and strode to stand in front of us.

"Sleeping. Isn't that obvious?" I asked him.

"Why would she sleep here, she fucking hates you," he made a face.

"Does she now?" I smirked at him and he narrowed his eyes.

"How the fuck are you sleeping through this conversation, wake up," he lightly kicked Mik's leg.

"Hey! What the fuck, man!" I piped.

"What's going on?" Mik rubbed her eyes and blinked out of sleep.

"I could ask you the same thing," said Marcus.

"Did we fall asleep out here?" Mik questioned me as she looked around.

"Yeah," I answered, she shifted her eyes to my face and she smiled.

"Oh my God, gross, did you guys fuck?" Marcus freaked.

"No!" Mik widened her eyes at him.

"Yes," I said in a blunt tone.

"Kellan!" She playfully slapped my arm.

"What?" I grinned at her, lifting a shoulder, her eyes dropped to my grinning mouth then she quickly looked up at Marcus.

"Well, which one is it?" His eyes traveled back and for between us, demanding for an answer.

What was his deal?

"No," Mik answered quickly but I stayed quiet, "Tell him," she elbowed me.

"No," I said to him in a lazy tone.

"I don't believe you but whatever," he waved a dismissive hand, "c'mon, we're gonna be late." He told Mik.

"Late?" She sounded lost.

"School?" He squinted his eyes at her.

"Oh, school, right." She stood and looked down at me, "You're going, right?" She asked.

"Who fucking cares," said Marcus before walking off.

"We'll see," I shrugged.

"Alright, see you there?" She asked with a smile.

"Maybe, maybe not," I responded, she shook her head at me and went after Marcus.

As I sat there and let my mind take me back to our previous night, I knew it was going to be like old times all over again.