❆ chapter one

Kwon Hyerim slung her backpack over her shoulder, clutching various pamphlets in her hands

Kwon Hyerim slung her backpack over her shoulder, clutching various pamphlets in her hands. It was the yearly Club Carnival, where the clubs at her high school all set up stalls to attract new members.

It wasn't like she wanted to be in a club. She needed it for her resume. Being a quiet student, Hyerim mostly kept to herself, not involving herself in any activities, clubs or extra-curriculars. She needed to start beefing up her resume, or else her dream of Korea University would start to look very bleak.

A large red, blue, white and green banner caught her eye, loosely flapping from one of the stalls as a boy frantically tried to reattach it. She managed to catch the club name as he tied it up to the stall poles, only for it to fall back down.

The NeoLetter.

Of course, the infamous school newsletter. It had been a highly anticipated column a few years ago when the old seniors were running it, but as soon as they left, the Neoletter became more and more neglected, the website's last refurbishment over 5 years ago, and new editions coming out once every few months. And even when they did release a newsletter, it garnered very little fews, triple digits being an extremely rare sighting on the website hits page.

Perfect, Hyerim thought to herself. A dead newsletter with barely any members, nothing being released and no one paying any attention to it. Something low effort, but good enough to put on her resume. Just what she was looking for.

She walked up to the stand, clearing her throat so the struggling boy turned his head to look at her. Immediately, a deep red flush invaded his cheeks, and he shot her a sheepish grin.

"Hey, welcome to the Neoletter's stall!" He gestured to the banner that was now attached to both poles, though slightly lopsided.

"I'm Mark. I'm running the newsletter for this year," Mark explained, rubbing the back of his neck, looking awkward. Hyerim nodded.

"So um, can I join?"

Mark looked at her with wide eyes, his speech about how great the newsletter was and how she should join, being interrupted.

"Oh, yeah...yeah absolutely!"

He hurriedly grabbed an application form from inside of a cardboard box which he hadn't even bothered to set on the table. Handing her a pen, he instructed her to fill out her name, email, and class.

She did as instructed, filling out the form quickly, and handing it to the boy. He nodded a thank you.

"We're kinda short on members at the moment, if you couldn't tell, so it means a lot that you joined." Mark shot her a grateful smile, but all Hyerim did, being the awkward girl she was, was nod. The boy seemed to take the hint that she was shy.

"I'll see you around then. Our first meeting is tomorrow at 3:45pm after school, in classroom C3!" He gave her a small wave, then turned around, busying himself.

Hyerim let out the breath she didn't realise she had been holding, and walked off, her goal achieved.

first chapter kinda boring lol sorry it will get better in the next one