❆ chapter nine

The whole "sending-home-from-library" ordeal had left Hyerim very flustered, and very confused

There was no denying that she found him attractive. He was physically very handsome, had a nice build, was smart and good at sport, and had a good personality for the most part. He knew how to treat a woman properly when it came to it, and was helpful and caring.

But Hyerim wasn't here to find a highschool sweetheart. She was here to graduate, then get the fuck out of here.

She couldn't help but be a bit excited for Monday though.

Putting a bit more effort into her outfit than usual, she went with a white camisole, pairing it with a blue cardigan on top, and light washed baggy jeans. Slipping on her white sneakers, she picked up her usual backpack, walking out of her apartment door, and locking it behind her.

Exiting the apartment complex, she spotted an extremely familiar Porsche car pulled up in front. Hesitantly walking up to it, she saw no other than Lee Haechan sitting in the driver's seat, scrolling on his phone with the window rolled down. Seeming to notice the shadow casted, he looked up from his phone, and smiled when meeting the girl's eyes.

"You're finally here." Stepping out of the car, he took the girl's bag from her arms, and placed it in the backseat instead.

She gave him a weird look. "Why are you here?"

"To send you to school, of course. Now get in."

Hyerim blinked, confused, but the boy had jogged over to the passenger side, opening the door for her, and gestured to it with a sweep of his arm. Hesitantly, she walked over, sliding into the seat.

"I don't remember asking you to pick me up. Not to be rude," she clarified, still confused on why he was pulled up outside the apartment complex at 7:50am.

"I figured you'd rather sit in a nice, warm car than take the musty bus."

He wasn't wrong.

"Thank you." She gave him a small, grateful smile, and buckled her seatbelt.

The ride was silent, but comfortable, with soft r&b music playing from the aux. Haechan bopped his head along, sometimes humming softly.

They arrived at school, him pulling into the student parking lot. He was quick to hop out of the car. getting both their bags before opening the door for Hyerim, not giving her time to protest. Together, they walked towards the main doors of the school, the boy carrying both of their bags.

There were small whispers directed to both of them. Nothing overtly obvious or loud, but Hyerim could still tell that they were talking about her, judging by the stares that were shot at her, and the whispers following their path.

Arriving at Hyerim's locker, she took her bag from Haechan's shoulder, muttering another thank you, before arranging her books to get ready for her first class.