❆ chapter six

Kwon Hyerim dashed into school, barely missing the bell

Kwon Hyerim dashed into school, barely missing the bell. It was the term assembly, where the students gathered in the auditorium for welcome back speeches, announcements and any special awards.

Following the other students, they filed into the auditorium. Hyerim quietly chose a spot near the middle rows, blending herself in with the crowd. Once she had found her seat, she looked up at the stage.

And lo and behold, in all his glory, sat Haechan, next to the other captains and teachers on stage, looking very important.

Not only was he the captain of the ice hockey team, he represented all the other sports at the school, so naturally he would be up there.

Before they actually met, Hyerim saw Haechan around school, but never interacted with him. He was the opposite of her. He was loud and friendly, surrounded by many friends. He was involved in school activities, and out of school ones as well, as Hyerim often overheard stories of parties at his house. They never had a reason to talk to each other, so Hyerim stayed out of his way.

But now, knowing the boy, he seemed to shine more than ever before. He looked calm and collected onstage, talking politely with the other co-curricular captains. Her eyes raked over his figure. She admired him.

Their eyes met.

He had someone found her in the sea of people, wearing her usual outfit of some baggy jeans and a crewneck. He gave her a little smile, eyes focused on hers from a distance.

She raised her hand, and gave him a little wave. This caused him to chuckle slightly, reaching his hand up to his mouth to cover it as the person sitting next to him asked him something, most likely asking what he was laughing about. He shook his head, then looked back over to Hyerim, who was still staring at him with an odd little smile on her face.

They stared at each other for the whole assembly.

haechanie💗😘😍🐻

saw u staring during assembly lol

you were literally staring too???

nah
i bet u missed me

yeah right u wish

send me ur timetable

?

i wanna see if we have any lunches tg

ok
*1 image attached*

we do
i'll find u😘

no

why so dry
don't u wanna hang out with me