❆ chapter twelve

Giddy with excitement, Hyerim raced around her apartment, trying to put together a decent outfit

She was definitely excited just to learn new things. That was definitely it. It was definitely not because of a certain blonde boy.

Exiting the apartment lobby, she spotted Haechan's car parked outside. Walking towards it, she saw Haechan sitting in the driver's seat, window rolled down.

"Thought you were meeting me there."

He looked up from his phone at her voice. "Figured you would rather be picked up."

She smiled gratefully, racing around to slide into the passenger's seat and he smiled back, driving out from the parking spot.

"Is this spot okay?" Haechan gestured to the empty cubicle, and Hyerim nodded, sliding into the chair and getting her stuff out of her bag.

"So here are my results from last term's exams, here's the syllabus, and here's the stuff I'm studying in class right now," she listed, spreading out the papers on the desk.

Haechan immediately took the previous exam paper, checking the score and flipping through it.

"Damn."

"Is it that bad?" Hyerim bit her nails, staring at his expression.

"Yeah, it's pretty shit." He laughed slightly, astounded at how bad the mark was, and the girl let out a dramatic gasp.

"Well that's why you're here to help me." She took out her pencil case, and Haechan took out his stuff too.

He didn't lie. Haechan was an excellent teacher. He spotted her mistakes quickly and realised where she went wrong, explaining it step by step, and if she didn't understand one of the steps, he would explain it in a different way. He was patient with her, never once showing any sign of frustration or annoyance.

By the end of the tutoring session, Hyerim was able to complete a mock paper and pass with a 60%.

"I literally love you," she said shockedly, staring at the red 60% circled on the front of the paper. He laughed at her reaction, packing up his stuff into his bag, and helping her pack up hers while she stared at the paper.

"Let's get lunch, I'm hungry."

They arrived at the cafe, Haechan swinging the door open for Hyerim. She ducked under his arm, muttering a "thanks", and they weaved through the busy cafe trying to find a seat.

They eventually found a little table with two chairs and claimed it quickly. Hyerim observed the pictures of the menu items on the wall.

"Hey, look! They have the honey brick toast thing! I've been wanting to try that," she exclaimed, pointing at a picture of a dessert.