❆ epilogue

"This is stupid," Hyerim grumbled as she struggled to keep her balance on the ice, hands gripping tightly onto Haechan's biceps to steady herself

The black haired boy only laughed in response, skating out slowly towards the centre of the rink, hands still clasped tightly around Hyerim's waist as he guided her.

"Shuffle, don't slide your feet like that, you'll slip out from underneath. You're not a proper skater yet, so don't try doing tha-"

Thud.

A bruised tailbone and a deflated ego later, Hyerim sat on the plastic blue seats of the local ice skating rink as Haechan helped her undo her skates.

"I don't know how you do it," she complained as she watched the boy slide her shoes back on, straightening up to hoist her off the seat.

"I'm just better than you," he bragged as they walked towards the sliding doors.

Frowning, she walked with him through the mall, heading towards the elevators down to the carpark.

"You know it's our one year anniversary next week, right?" Hyerim reminded him, shoving a finger into his side. Haechan yelped, batting her hand away playfully, but grabbing it and pulling her closer to him as he nuzzled her neck.

"How could I have forgotten?" He inhaled deeply, as if trying to sniff her into his system.

"Just making sure."

Hyerim looked up as Jihee barged into her room, taking the shopping bag off Hyerim's desk chair and sitting on it instead.

"How did you get in?" Hyerim huffed, stuffing her last rolled sock into her drawer.

Jihee simply smiled, taking the bag of chips from Hyerim's desk and munching on a few.

"Haechan."

"I really need to tell him to stop opening the door for you all the time," Hyerim commented as she started working on organising her bras that Haechan had washed for her.

"Has Haechan done anything for your anniversary yet?" Jihee asked with chips in her mouth, changing the topic.

Not wanting to answer, Hyerim continued on with putting her bras away.

"He hasn't, has he?" Jihee egged her on.

"He's been playing Overwatch the entire day." She sniffed frustratedly. "I'm beginning to think he's genuinely forgotten."

Jihee sighed, patting her arm. "Well, lucky for you, I'm your best friend of two years and I have a guaranteed place at your wedding while he doesn't. So let's binge some Gilmore Girls and eat all the snacks in your room!"