❆ chapter two

"Hyerim-ah!" The girl walked inside the classroom to be greeted by the smiley Canadian boy, who waved his arms around

"Hyerim-ah!" The girl walked inside the classroom to be greeted by the smiley Canadian boy, who waved his arms around. Accompanying him were two boys, and another girl, who also enthusiastically waved at her.

They were all gathered in the club room, sitting on the beanbags in the corner. Hyerim closed the door behind her and went over to join them, waiting for Mark to start the meeting.

"First of all, I just wanted to thank all of you for joining this club." Mark rambled on for a while, giving an inspiration speech and pep talk, saying how he wanted to revive the newsletter into what it once was. Hyerim didn't really pay attention, until he started assigning roles and tasks.

The roles quickly got divided. Mark was the main editor and moderator of the website, and the girl, who Hyerim learnt her name was Sooyeon, was going to be the graphic designer and IT expert. The two boys, named Chenle and Jisung were going to be covering the school news and gossip columns as well as the study tips page, and then it was left to Hyerim.

"Hyerim, do you know how to take photos with an actual camera?" Hyerim's head jerked up at the sound of her name, nodding slowly.

"I mean, I guess so. I could learn," she offered.

That seemed good enough for Mark, and he nodded back defiantly.

"Great, Hyerim will cover the school sport column and be our photographer."

Sooyeon nodded encouragingly to Hyerim. "It sounds fun, you'll get to attend the sport games and interact with the athletes!" She clasped her hands together dreamily at the thought of it. Hyerim shuddered slightly.

Interviewing sweaty boys after a game of whacking a ball and screaming? Not her ideal way to spend a night, but anything for the beefy resume.

The first ice hockey game of the season. The hallways of the school were noticeably abuzz with excitement. The posters lined the hallways, encouraging the students to attend the home game and support the Gators - the senior ice hockey team.

Ice hockey at the school was kind of a big deal. The father of one of the players on the team, Lee Jeno, donated a bunch of money to the school - a lot of that going to the new ice rink built in the school grounds so that the team didn't have to travel that much for games, and had an unoccupied space to use to practise whenever they wanted. The team had won several gold medals throughout the seasons, affectionately earning the title of the Gators by the high school students.

This wasn't the only thing affectionate about them.

The athletes were notorious for being ridiculously attractive, and ridiculously flirtatious.

Which was why Hyerim was slightly nervous in photographing them, and interviewing them.

Even though she had spent the last few weeks researching on ice hockey, watching clips of the team playing on their Instagram fanpage, preparing a list of interview questions and rehearsing them over and over again to her stuffed toys, she was still jittery.

She could think of many better ways to spend her Friday afternoons than scouring her wardrobe for something red, blue or green. But alas, there she was, bundling herself up like a dumpling, armed with her camera and ready to brace the cold winter night.

She had chosen an outfit of blue washed baggy jeans, and borrowed Jisung's red crewneck sweater. She wore a white turtleneck underneath, and topped a black puffer vest over the crewneck. Wrapped around her neck was a white fuzzy scarf, and she wore a forest green beanie on her head.

She even went the extra step to use some makeup that she had bought on a shopping trip with Sooyeon. The two had become close friends through the course of the club meetings. Hyerim didn't put on much makeup, but just enough to accentuate her natural features and make her look polished.

She looked absolutely ravishing, if she did say so herself.

Taking one last look at herself in her mirror, she headed out of her apartment, locking her door behind her.

yeah okay this is another boring chapter but it's 5:30am please the next one will be better I PROMISE when i stop writing on my phone and get some sleep