Chapter 26: Rasasvada

══════════════════

Rasasvada (origin: Indian)— the taste of bliss in the absence of all thought

══════════════════

TW: Spice, just spice.

Catrin was curled into Nyx, his warmth surrounding her completely. She cradled his forearm to her chest, her head rested on his bicep, and their legs had tangled together while they slept. She didn't dare breathe, momentarily fearing this was still a dream and not wanting to disturb their bliss. She breathed in the eucalyptus spearmint that enveloped them and couldn't stop the smile that broke out on her face. Certain that this was reality, Catrin cuddled further into him, pulling his arm closer to her as if holding him tight would stop him from slipping away. The last time they had fallen asleep together was in the mortal realm and so much had changed since then.

"Not sneaking out of bed this time?"

Catrin jumped at Nyx whispering into her ear. Without seeing his face, she heard his smirk evident in his voice. He placed a gentle kiss on her shoulder, the heat from his lips radiating through her thin pajamas and across her skin. Through the shock of the touch, she looked over her shoulder, her nose scrunching up in embarrassment at the memory from the mortal realm.

"You knew?" she questioned, lightly swatting his chest. "Why didn't you say anything?"

Nyx quickly turned her so they were facing each other, eliciting a soft yelp from Catrin. He pulled her closer, their legs remaining intertwined under the sheets.

"It was cute watching you try to disentangle yourself that morning," he laughed, kissing the top of her head. His hands slowly trailing up and down her arms.

"Cute," Catrin muttered. "You seem to have made that a habit, you know... not saying anything," she grumbled. She didn't hold a grudge against him for keeping the bond from her. There was really no right way to tell someone that you thought they might be your mate, especially when it was someone who was nearly a stranger. She did, however, know that she would continue to poke fun at him for not telling her sooner.

"No more secrets," he replied as he cupped her check, leaning into her ear. "No more," he whispered before lightly kissing her temple.

"Mhmm," Catrin replied, rolling her eyes.

"No more," he repeated, kissing her cheek. Her face grew hot at the sincerity in his tone and the softness of his lips on her cheek.

"No more."

Nyx's lips met Catrin's, a light touch, barely touching. Something sparked in Catrin's chest, as they looked at each other, barely a moment passing before their lips met again. The kiss was deep as they leaned into one another, chests pressing together, every place they touched seeming to glow with warmth.

Slowly, Nyx dragged the tip of his tongue across Catrin's lips, asking for her permission to open to him. She hummed against his lips as she parted hers, his tongue grazing her own. She entwined her fingers in Nyx's hair, feeling his curls feather across her hands. His own hands swept down her back pulling her even closer to him. Catrin could feel every hard ridge of him against the softness of her body, barely any space between them as she hooked her leg around his, pulling him harder against her. Their lips clashed, the soft, deep exchanges turning into an insatiable frenzy.

Catrin let out a soft moan as his hand went under her shirt, trailing his hand across the skin of her hip, the feel of his calloused fingers leaving goosebumps in their wake. Her hands lowered to his shoulders, fingers digging into his hard muscles when suddenly her stomach growled, so loud that there was no chance of missing the interruption. Nyx quietly laughed and then lightly nipped her bottom lip.