~Chapter 42~

Another day...

I stare blankly ahead of myself letting the wind blow a few strands in my face as I mindlessly tap my pen against the small book I haven't written in a while. The small breeze with soft surrounding sounds only help me drift further in my thoughts as I think back to yesterday spesifically back at moment me and Aera went back home.

This morning I woke up to Aera rushing to go to work since we both fell asleep watching movies together but thankfully it did look like it did work to lift the thoughts from her mind from thinking too much about yesterday.

After she left for work I decided to just not spend my whole day inside after calling my parents for an hour since I already made a lot of progress with my book which my editor is extremely happy about so I can just choose however I want to spend my day. I've grown used to going out when I was with my parents and now with Aera since I've been back but now I honestly don't want to spend my whole day inside if I actually want to be outside.

What would stop me? I have nothing to hide from...well not anymore that is...

I sigh biting down on my bottom lip as I look around the park. It feels strange being completely alone with nobody but strangers around after getting used to be with people most of the times but it isn't unbearable since I also like not having to talk to anyone.

The only people that I honestly could even go out with is only Aera and the guys but Aera is busy and the guys are mostly still her friends more than mine and after yesterday I just don't want to let my thoughts get into their own conclusions before Aera speaks with Jeongin. It would break my heart if I end up making conclusions because I'm still slightly not over what happened to me and let it project over to her situation.

I already feel like a broken record repeating it the whole time and it's honestly not that I haven't healed from it or isn't that I'm still healing but the memories still stick like fresh  glue and I just won't allow any unneeded complications my thoughts can make.

All I can hope is that by staying partially out of it I am doing good but the moment I see them starting to act in a way that could hurt her then I will step in.

But not all people can be so bad that we come accross though...

If they are then that just feels like the universe sends out groups of soulmates to torture the soulmateless

A small humorless laugh escapes me and I immediately shake my head at the thought that crossed my mind not wanting to find something like that funny.

"Stay positive Eun-hye, hush thoughts" I shake my head pushing back the thoughts not wanting to start of my day like that especially not after promising myself this morning that I won't let my thoughts wander off again with no serious proof of anything.

I refuse to assume anything but I also refuse to turn a blind-eye so I choose to rather trust Aera's thoughts on it and stay by her side just like she did with me. She trusted me and only came in when she saw that things took a twist for the worst and I trust that she doesn't need someone to hover over her decisions being overly cautious of people who seem like they really like her.

So once again...this all leads me in the park sitting and overthinking the situation I said I was going to try and not think about...

I huff closing my notebook giving up in trying to distract myself and stretch out my back against the bench as I look at my surroundings.

The park feels almost similar to the one I went to with my father the day I left my home town once again. It feels like it happened only yesterday even though it wasn't even that lomg ago but honestly this whole year feels like it has been a mess of timing for me and it all feels like it happened in a span of a month even though I know that it definetly was longer.