~Chapter 45~

~Aera pov~

Okay...okay...yeah I'm not nervous...yeah...oh who am I kidding

I suck in a deep breath as the cold air of the night hits me while the sound of music and chatter from inside muffles behind the door as I step more into the backyard where it is lit up with lights and has a few chairs and a table outside making it seem more comfortable.

Not like he asked to speak to me in the woods...yeah even if he did I'm not that stupid

I hear the sound of the door opening again with the sounds of inside clearing up before dissapearing again as the door closes and I turn my head to see a figure approaching in the corner of my vision.

I already know it's Jeongin yet the nerves I tried to control starts to buzz under my skin and I turn around forcing the smile on my face that somehow mirrors the smile on his face too.

Well that surely makes me feel much better....yeah

I take a few deep breaths as I sttaighten up when he finally approaches me with his hands figeting with his braclets. He takes a deep breath before clearing his throat which makes hold back a frown not wanting to let my mouth speak before my brain by asking what is up with the seriousness.

A few seconds pass as the wind causes me to shiver slightly wishing I could have worn a longer skirt like Eun-hye.

"I...." He begins to speak but cuts himself off with a huff as he runs a hand through his hair pressing his lips together. I frown as he looks me straight in the eyes taking a deep breath before looking more determined.

"I'm sorry I....well I have something extremely important I- we need to tell you and it could be good or bad depending on how you feel about it. Well I should probably start from the beginning if this is going to make sense but....okay stop me if you don't want me to keep going on okay but please listen first" He takes a deep breath and my brain feels pushed into so many directions of confusion and scared about what is happening.

Usually I can rationally think out a response when people want to tell me important things and I can somehow suspect if it is going in a bad or good direction but the way this just came out of nowhere and how I really have no idea what this is about I don't know how else to respond except with nodding my head pressing my lips into a thin line and holding my hands tightly together.

Being calm and listening is the only thing to do now to understand....and I feel deep inside that I really need to listen

He wrings his hands together looking up as a frown forms on his face almost like he is lost in his own thoughts before he nods and begins speaking again.

"I know you don't have a soulmark and before you say anything, there is nothing wrong with that since you still stay the same lovely and amazing Aera we know and love" My eyes widen feeling my heart stop slightly at his words.

The one topic every soulmateless is sensitive to and the one thing that I built my shield up so high for after years of being told I would end up alone. Of course I grew older and pushed those useless words back as just nasty judgemental comments and feel happy knowing I am chosing my own fate alone and met the most amazing friend who is like a sister to me because of our shared status.

Yet something....just something about someone I began to trust bringing it up makes me want to feel defensive

I narrow my eyes slightly shifting on my feet as I keep in the urge to say something just because I really want to know where this is leading to. There has to be a reason he suddenly brought this up saying it was important to understand since I still don't see the point of him mentioning something of my life.