Chapter I.

In the backseat of my parents vehicle, i'm looking out the window with music playing.  Maybe some light hearted music or maybe rock? Who knows, my playlist is MIXED with all kinds of music. On the other side of the window there's fields of grass.
How.. wonderful?
We've arrived in Kansas.
Wow.
It's so.. basic.

Soon enough we enter a small neighborhood. Not too far from where everything is. I'm looking around at all the houses on the street, as we pull into our driveway, I see a tall, scrawny, dark skinned guy who is getting into his car. His hair is in medium length dreads, almost like a bob? The dreads most definitely covered his eyes but he seemed to put the front most dreads up in a little ponytail almost. He also looks like he's about 5'9. That's all I could gather from the couple seconds I saw of him. Perhaps I could get a better look soon?

I hop out of the truck and watch as the guy drives away in his car. A beautiful glossy, black BMW. I quickly snap back to reality. I go to the trunk of my parents truck and grab my boxes of things. My parents have got every piece of furniture inside during the past couple weeks. So, me and my siblings only had to bring our clothes and decorations to move in our room. I bring every box one by one to my room, which was located on the second floor. My room was very close to our neighbors house and I could almost see inside of the room directly across mine. But the curtains are closed. I unpack everything I can and begin decorating things to my liking.

[A couple hours later.] 10:30 PM.

As i'm sitting on my bed, I hear a loud booming. I lazily get up from my bed and move my curtains aside a little. I see HIM. He pulls into his driveway and gets out, but he's not alone. He has two other people with him. One is a guy who looks like he's about 6', he has really curly hair. There's also a girl with them. She has blonde hair but it for sure isn't natural and she seems to be 5'4? almost. I can't see them very well because the street light isn't very bright. I wonder who she is. I go ahead and go outside my room to see if everyone's asleep. Of course, as I thought everyone was asleep.

I got back to my room and look through my closet, the highest shelf I can reach and grab my smoke bag. I grab a grinder, a wrap, lighter, the pocket knife, and the jar inside. I go to my desk and place everything down but the jar. I open it and grab one bud.
mmm..
I love the smell.
I continue to grind the bud up and then grab the wrap, i grab the knife and open the wrap up. I take out the tabaco and place it on a napkin and throw it in my trashcan. I continue to make a blunt and put everything away. I grab a hoodie from my closet and put it on. I turn my lights off and head downstairs, I make sure that i'm careful and quiet. I open the front door and a small breeze hits my face.

oh how nice it feels.

I pull the hood over my head and go down the porch and head towards the street curb. Just in case if my parents wake up they'll think it was someone random. I sit down on the curb which wasn't too far from my house but close enough. I open my phone for the first time in HOURS and see the notifications I had. I see a couple texts from my ex..?

                            Today 12:30 AMx

                          Today 12:30 AM
x. < hey boo

x. < bro. answer my texts

Today 1:58 PM

x. < stop ignoring me 😒

x. < i'm sorry. i'm sorry for not putting in enough. i regret it, i really do. i still need you y/n. you don't understand i can't do this without you. i'm sorry for putting you aside. please answer me

Today 5:36 PM

x. < alright. i get it you're mad

Today 7:37 PM

x. < i've had enough of your bullshit. i'm done trying

10 Minutes ago

x. < look ur all i want. pls forgive me

I look at my phone, not knowing what to do or say. but eventually I come up with something that may be a little corny but I need him to stop.

look. i gave you so many chances and all you ever did was
fuck them up. i'm done trying with you,
i'm done with you. you never did a thing for me but i did everything for you.. i'm just done, i'm blocking you.

And there was that. I blocked him. I look around at my surroundings and realize that I forgot to light up. So I grab my lighter and blunt, and cheers to a new chapter in my life. I take my first hit not wanting to let it out, but of course eventually I do as it begins to hurt my throat.

I suddenly hear someone coming up beside me and sitting down. Now he was beautiful..