S t a y

CHASE

I  ended my call with Justin, a worker of mine. I had given him a mission but he failed, and it had me pissed. I turned around, expecting to see Amaya reading or something. I saw her books, but not Amaya.

"Where's Amaya?" I asked my mother, who was standing in the kitchen leaning over the counter, while scrolling through her phone.
"Oh she left, dear, she was kind of in a rush to: I don't know where," she said.

That helped lots.

"Oh. Okay. By the way, Justin didn't complete the money transaction." I said.
My mom let out a breath of frustration;
"I have told you, that kid is no good. Fire him already."

"And I have told you: no. He has potential," I argued; "Then why isn't he using any of it?" my mother asked, finally looking away from her phone.

I let out a sigh of defeat and went to Amaya's little balcony. Her apartment was on the second floor, and she had a nice view. I lot a cigarette and smoked it. I also figures that I could find her location through her phone.
I finished my cigarette and went on my phone, but it said that she was at home? She must've left her phone at home.

"Damn you, Amaya, where the hell are you?" I asked myself.

I stayed on the balcony for a bit longer. But right when I stepped inside, I got a notification from an unknown number.
Hesitant, I opened the message. It was a random address, which sounded way to familiar.
"Bulkington Lane 58"

Suddenly it hit me, it's where I am right now- Amaya's place- It must have been Ivanov sending the message. They know where we are! That's bad. Really, really bad.

"Fucking dammit!" I yelled.
I heard rushed footsteps coming my way.
"Everything okay?" my mother asked, with true concern in her voice.

"No! Nothings okay!" I exclaimed in anger
"Ivanov know exactly where we are. Not only is that bad for us, it's bad for Amaya!"

My mother heavily sighed and put her head down, staring the carpet on the floor. She eventually turned around and walked back into the kitchen.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It was almost ten. Everyone was home, except for Amaya. I was worried at this point, she had been gone for almost five hours, and of course she had to leave her phone here. Couldn't she just stay here?

I told everyone what happened with the Ivanovs, and we decided to leave tomorrow night. But we couldn't just leave without telling Amaya.

Just as the thought of her entered my mind, the door opened, revealing her.
"Sweetheart, where-" I cut myself off when I saw her looking upset.

I took a few steps closer to her; "What's wrong?"I asked. Amaya looked at me with the expression I've ever seen from her. Then she walked away, into her bedroom.

I looked at my brother, Bryce, with the -what just happened- look, hoping for an answer, but to my disappointment, he had the same look on his face. Instead I followed after Amaya.

I knocked on her door; "I'm fine." she claimed, but I could hear her shaky voice and sniffles. "You're crying, babe."

"I'm not." I didn't believe her, why would I? I knew she was.
"Yes you are." I said and entered her room.

Amaya looked at me with her bloodshot eyes, with few tears rolling down her soaked cheeks. I shut the door behind us to give us a bit more privacy. I walked up to her, at her bed instead of asking her what happened. I sat down next to her and pulled her onto my chest, squeezing her softly in my embrace. I felt her tears soak through my t-shirt, but it's not like I cared. Her feelings are obviously more important than a big old t-shirt.

Amaya's sobs were getting louder and louder, she climbed onto me harder and harder, eventually that led to her nails digging into my skin on my shoulders. I rubbed my hand on her back, soothing her as much as possible.

"Wanna tell me what's wrong?" I asked, when she stopped sobbing.
"My dad. His condition is worse than it's ever been. Doctors say that there's no hope, and that chemotherapy makes him suffer even more, for no reason" she explained, and my heart broke for her.

"They told mom to take him home, so that he could at least die peacefully."

I sighed deeply, trying to take in all of this new information at once. I leaned back in her bed. "I'm going to use the bathroom." Amaya said, and got up and left for her bathroom.

While she was gone, I took a look around the room, and noticed a tiny plastic sticking out from one of the pillows. I lifted the pillow to get a closer look of what that was, and how I wish I hadn't.

I saw pills in that bag, colourful pills. Not medication pills. Drugs.

I wasn't sure what to do. I didn't want to make her talk about it after the hell of a day that she's been through, but I don't want her to take any more. I snatched the plastic bag and put it in mg pocket.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Amaya came home for about to hours ago. We told her that we were going to leave tomorrow when she calmed down.

I was now waiting for her to come to bed.

"Chase" she spoke, exiting the bathroom and walking to our bed.
"Yeah, babe?" She softly climbed onto my  chest, laying her head right beneath my chin.

"Please stay."

~HIS MAFIA AND HIS GIRL~