Chapter 2 - Natalie Rushman.

Natashas POV:

Warmth

*Beep*

Comfort

*Beep*

Peace

*Beep*

Bliss

*Beep*

Voices

*Beep*

Why are there voices?

*Beep*

"We've already moved her twice, they are going to keep coming."

*Beep*

"I know, we need to make her disappear."

*Beep*

"It's been weeks, weeks of her just lying there."

*Beep*

My eyes flutter open, flinching as the brightness burns my retinas the shadow of the two people in front me coming into view.
I try to speak but my voice fails me, unable to swallow I start to panic. That annoying beeping echoing faster through the room as I start to choke my hands reaching to my face I grasp at the tube tapped to my mouth.

"Hey, hey you're ok. The doctors coming." Clints worried face flashes in front of mine pulling my hands down stopping me to grab at the tube "Stay calm, Natasha, stay calm."

He's quickly batted out of the way as doctors jump in his place, two of them surrounding me yanking my head back telling me to swallow and take a deep breath as they carefully pull the tube out. Gasping, clutching at the material beneath me as it scratches up my throat.

Air.

"Hello Agent Romanoff" he presses a button which slowly sits me up "I know this may be confusing for yourself but right now you are safe. You have been in a coma for the last 6 weeks." he lifts my right eye lid flashing a light into it mimicking it on the left side. "Can you follow my finger?" He places it in front of me moving left, right, up and down "Good, good they are reacting perfectly."

Looking around the completely white room, there's no windows and one long strobe light on the ceiling illuminating the room.

Clint is awkwardly standing toward the end of the room shuffling back and fourth leaning forward every now and then to peak over towards me.

"Wh-" My voice is dry and breaks.

"Here." The doctor lifts my hand placing a little plastic cup into my hand "Drink, it will help."

My hand shakes as I move it closer to my mouth the doctor helps guiding my hand as I take smalls sips.

"Good, you're doing a lot better than we expected you to be." he smiles looking over to the nervous man behind him nodding in approval.

"What happened?" I husk out.

He puts his hand on my shoulder "I'll let Agent Barton explain." He indicates to the doctor the other side of me to move as he continues to look me over. 

Tears brimming in his eyes as he appears beside me "Nice to have you back Nat. We've really missed you."

"Clint, what..."

"What's the last thing you remember?" his hand rested on my shoulder.

"The cabin" I cough "We were drinking in the cabin?" I question