Chapter 3 - Waterlake Town.

One week, they have given me enough food for one week. I have been pottering around this house going insane slowly getting stronger and faster, I'm nearly back to my prior health but now I have to venture out.

Don't get me wrong, I have been sat in my window with a hot drink watching the days go by. Compared to the city, where there is always the sound of traffic, it's silent.
The sounds of birds and dogs, kids laughing in the street that one random car that goes by every now and then or the police cruiser the patrols the streets that comes by about 2am every morning. Other than that it's quiet, too quiet and my thoughts are getting the better of me.

I'm constantly trying to remember what happend, I know the doctor said it would just happen at random times when I least expect it but this not knowing the gaps in my memory are really bothering me.

My phone rings taking me out of my thoughts, removing myself away from the window I answer the phone.

"Nat, you there?"

Huffing "Yes, Clint. What do you want today?"

"Well, don't you sound chipper."

"Hmm."

"Anything new to tell me?" He asks

"No, Just like yesterday and the day before there is nothing to report in this tiny tiny town where nothing happens." I sass

"Have you even been out yet?"

"Nope." I pop the 'P' "I'm going to have to though, seen as you only put enough food in this place for a week."

He laughs, "I knew you'd like that, it was the only way I could think that would force you out of the house. Go out Nat, have some fun get to know the locals."

I dramatically making a gagging noise to sound disgusted by his suggestion.

"Go out Nat! You never know you might actually like the place and fit in..."

I roll my eyes. "Fine but only because I do not want to starve not because I actually want to."

___________________

After the phone call I decide it's time to put my big girl pants on, I make my way up the stairs looking at the clothes that have been brought for me. I decide on a some blue jeans a light brown leather with boots and a baggy black T-shirt.

Once I make it to the front door, I take a deep breath grabbing the handle. "I'm Natalie Rushman, I can do this. It's just shopping, nothing is going to happen." I reassure myself.

The fresh air hits me as the sun tingles at my skin, I walk upto the gate opening it taking a second to look back at the house I now call home.
People dream of places like this, a white picket fence the green grass with the big house in the perfect neighbour hood, I am so out of place.
It's not like I never wanted this, I just know it was never destined to happen. Not to someone like me, they made sure of that. They removed every chance I had of having my own kids, they made sure I didn't feel or care. Not only am I unlovable, I'm incapable of loving anyone in return.

I'm a killer, it's all I've ever known it's all I'll ever be.

Taking off down the street I take it all in. I get some random looks as the new girl in a clearly very close knit town, I take it on the chin walking with my head held high taking my sweet time.

That's when I notice a little cafe, looking around I decide I'm going to sit and enjoy the good weather with some lunch.

The bell above the doors alerts them to my presence, I stop for a moment as everyone in there turns to face me. Awkwardly I walk over to a free table pulling out the chair in the now silent room before sitting down picking up the menu stood up in between the salt and pepper.
Clearing my throat the noise slowly starts picking up again, light voices chattering in their own world.