Chapter 5 - Mysterious Girl.

*Continues on from the last one*
Nats POV:

It's quiet for a a while as I watch the houses fly past the window. The sound of her radio breaks the silence making me look over to her, she quickly turns the volume down.

"You know, most people don't run into danger." She states keeping her eyes on the road.

"Maybe I'm not like most people."

"I'm starting to realise that Natalie." she responds "You never answered my question earlier."

"You never answered mine."

"Hmm." she taps her fingers on the steering wheel "My dad."

"What?"

"He retired, he was the last Sheriff." she nods "When he retired a few years ago, I got the promotion. He wanted more family time, with this job it's hard to even get a day let alone a few hours away." She confesses "And well... you just seen the other two officers. They don't know there heads from their asses most of the time. There are a few goodens mixed in there though."

"That's you why seem young to be a Sheriff" I acknowledge remembering my question from this morning.

"Yep" she nods "I was the deputy before, my other siblings were never interested in this line of work so I stepped up."

I nod listening to her "Do you like it?"

"I answered your question, now it's your turn."

"Not sure if that's how it works to be honest with you." I chuckle my hand pressed against my leg as the blood starts to seep through the bandages.

"Oh it very much is."

"I can't even remember what your question was..."

She smirks looking over to me. "You're a terrible liar Natalie. I asked you what you used to do in the big city before coming here, remember?"

Fuck. "I well - it's a long story."

"I have time."

Of course you do. I awkwardly move in my seat "How about I tell you another time when I'm not concerned about blood loss?" I laugh

She tilts her head "you're very secretive aren't you Natalie?"

I lean in to her "I guess you'll just have to wait and find out." I smirked

"Oh come on, you can give me more than that..." She laughs

"Fine, fine. Let's just say" Come on brain think of something "I worked In a similar position to yourself, keeping people safe." I shrug it wasn't a complete lie.

"That's why you ran towards the danger." she accepts my answer quietly not wanting to pry any further "We're here, do you want me to help you in?"

I frown "You say that as if you're not going in?"

"I'm still on the clock." She dead pans.

"Oh no, you're coming in with me Sheriff Y/L/N, you're not getting out of it." I point at her "Now, come help me out before I get any more blood in your car."