Chapter 9 - Coffee?

Nats POV: 

The light glares through the window smacking me straight in the face, I grumble rolling over to my other side before reaching over to my phone. I peek through my lashes seeing that it is 6am and groan, surely living the boring life my body clock could change and be slightly nicer to me.

Dragging my ass out of bed I stretch feeling the cold air making itself known over my body. Unwillingly standing up I look down realising I only slept in my underwear, I bend over grabbing a baggy shirt which was strategically left on my floordrobe. 
With my phone in my hand I bounce down the stairs one stomp at a time, I stretch my neck out as I make my way into the kitchen I tap the radio on putting a cup under my coffee maker the humming coming to life a second later. I make myself busy opening the downstairs curtains letting the natural morning light come through. 

After a few moments my coffee machine beeps telling me my go faster fuel is ready, I take it over to my table, cupping it in my hands as I blow at the steam coming off taking a sip and humming enjoying the quiet. My eyes bounce to my phone that let out a little buzz, lighting up with her name.

Y/n: You awake?

I smirk, typing my own reply. 

Nat: Definitely not.

My phone instantly buzzing with her response.

Y/n: That's a shame, I'll be driving past yours soon. I was going to offer you a coffee delivery... kind of weird that you sleep text. 

I smirk to myself.

Nat: I'd love a morning coffee. Are you starting or Finishing your shift? 

Y/n:  Starting, Latte?

I stand taking one last sip of my perfectly fine, still full drink before pouring it down the sink. 

Nat: Perfect, I'm parched. 

She sends a thumbs up as I make my way back to the table. Thinking about the last time I was with her, I was at her house helping her clean her cuts. I decided to come back home and give her some time to actually rest, that was 4 days ago now. 
Except casually bumping into each other at Mable's Cafe where she requested my number to send me her mothers address we haven't really spoken, she went straight back to work the next morning and hasn't exactly been around. 

The knock brings me out of my own thoughts, I make my way to the door opening it to her holding two to go coffees with her signature Sheriff smile showing through. 

"You've not got a knife have you? I'd hate to have to drop the coffees I've just brought to defend myself" She laughs. 

I roll my eyes "Ha ha, no you're safe this time Sheriff. No knives I promise" I lift my hands showing them bare. 

Her eyes glace over me, my underwear showing under my baggy T-shirt her tongue discreetly wets her lips, her smile quickly bouncing back into place. 

"Please come in" I step to the side allowing her in.

"I hope you don't mind me texting you at this time. I've noticed on the last few days your curtains usually open around this time while I've been on my way to work." she smiles placing the drinks on the coffee table and pulling out her chair to the right of my own. 

I follow her in taking the seat next to her, getting myself comfortable "Should I be concerned that I may have a stalker? I know the Sheriff of this town you know, you should be careful." I playfully threaten her

She scrunches her face in embarrassment "Wow, you try to look out for your residents and you get called  a stalker!" She laughs 

I raise my eyebrows shocked taking a sip of the Latte that was placed in front of me, "Oh, you do this for everyone do you? I thought I was special..." I place a hand on my chest to express my pain.