Chapter 2

Hahaha, another chapter dead in the middle of the night- yay! I am currently drawing some art for the cover and possibly color it, might just make it monochrome so that it pops out a bit from the rest of the novels(?) Anyways enjoy reading :)

USA POV-

I was staring at screens all night, the news still hasn't caught any wind on the deaths of the politicians... I click on the refresh button on my emails and news outlet pages, searching through articles to find even the slightest hint of maybe a politician going missing.

 Weird, I would have expected for the news to have picked up on them not exiting for over 10 hours. The white house was in fact under 24/7 surveillance from both security and the media... just with that fact alone it doesn't feel right. Earlier, I had confirmed that Cherokee and the others disposed of any footage in the white house and security personnel... but still, the avoidance of the subject in fact was worrying.

Sighing I lean back in my seat, the table creaking from the sudden shove of my hands, my hair draped over the back of the chair in loose waves.

The plan was going too smoothly, it was probably just China or Russia meddling with affairs anyway. Who cares anymore, I sigh my eyes blurring at the constant blue screen exposure, dam it my eyes won't keep up much longer.

 Covering my face with my palms tired I take a glance towards the time. 2:00 a.m., my chest tightened at the realization that I have the U.N. meeting tomorrow.  I still haven't thought of an actual good candidate yet and I still haven't finished all the paperwork for my last day as the superpower. Putting my hands on my head I groaned as I then began to flip through piles and piles of unsigned papers- revising everything before looking back over the clock and panicking shit, 3 am, all I need to do now is... a successor. Or maybe... yes that'll work perfectly...

I wrote down the names and smiled at my choice, hahaha China and Russia are going to have a kick out of this. Well, more like confusion and feelings of underestimation (towards the candidates), I raise the paper over my head in exhilaration. This was going to be fun to watch especially with me not being involved in it. 

Ah, this joy was addicting- no wonder Switzerland said being neutral was the best, you get to stand by and watch as everyone stumbles and falls. I stretch out before putting the papers back down near the piles of papers next to my computer.

 Inhaling and exhaling I calm my racing heart before mellowing out. Neutral... right... I guess I can no longer help that old British man, or my oldest ally, or the spontaneous ones, I could still talk with Canada and maybe Mexico but Cuba is not going to be happy that now I'll focus more on... our relations... if you could even call it that anymore. I let the realization sink in before slightly frowning.

I need to figure out what I'm going to do and fast, lord knows how long I can go before the UN meeting in just 4 hours. Shutting off the laptop with a small click, I sit there in the darkness- being reminded that I am still in the hotel. The hotel that the congressmen bought for me. The dam old fools in the congress only ever cared about getting favors and conditions out of me by being extremely nice and welcoming, leaving a taste of rotten garbage on my tongue. Nothing is more disgusting than seeing them cheat their way into elections and commit fraud on a federal level, for the love of god they would die before they could possibly suffer through the damage they have done... 

A sinking feeling overtook my body and I heaved slightly, my thoughts going muddled.

Sitting there in the darkness for a little longer I thought and thought, my mind going numb at the constant rumbling and shifting. To ground myself a bit, I lay my head on my folded arms looking to the side at my phone, which was turned on Do Not Disturb so that I wouldn't look into Germany's and Poland's insistent messaging and calling.