Chapter 6

Art is on the way, I decided to render the cover so bear with me XD It's absolute hell but it's worth it :')

Edit: I did it it's done, took a whole day but it was worth it, I'll begin editing the book in just a bit

Poland's POV-

After hours of planning, calling, and damage control, I fidgeted in my seat, waiting for the stage to be set. My country... no the world needed me and Germany to take action... Nothing was going right. After America left the world stage everything was slowly crumbling down, it was as if the balance of the world was broken. It was just like Switzerland predicted... 

Who would have thought everything would be so much worse than anticipated?

Some country or party-human is calling themselves Z, Russia, North Korea, China, and a couple of other countries seem to have (possibly) a plan for control and world domination, America was probably on the verge of collapse, UN, ASEAN, EU, AU, and many other union-humans seem to have disappeared, NATO is slowly losing strength and energy with recent attacks, Germany's country has barely any representatives left after the missile attack, leaving him completely on his own, Finland is in a coma due to that missile attack hitting, Helsinki, his capital, Canada isn't picking up, Vietnam and other Asian countries seem to have either joined China or Taiwan's side, and the list goes on.

If I were to list everything happening I would be sitting at this table for far too long. The meeting was in about 12 hours and there was no way to delay the inevitable. There was bound to be chaos and I have to admit that I don't know how to do any of this. I've gone to several meetings and trips, and heck, I even went to Canada and America's Thanksgiving party last year. Still, nothing was as worrying or panic-inducing as the situation that everyone has been put in. We needed a plan ASAP and I can't even begin to focus. There are too many things happening at once. I grip my head in between my palms and close my eyes.

"Polska?" I hear Germany walk into my office, his voice strained and his fingers trembled as he softly placed a hand at my shoulder.

"Germany... how are we going to do this? NATO is strong but it feels like it's not enough, especially without..." I trail off as his name bounces in my mind unable to be pronounced.

"The US... Yes, we all know. We took his help for granted, but what's said is done. We can't depend on him for the rest of our lives and he isn't obligated to protect us either. Let's just focus on the matter at hand." Germany says squeezing my shoulder with a bit of a tremor and hesitance.

Sighing I lean on one of my hands looking up at his mismatched eyes and replying, "How can you be so confident? You went up on the podium a couple of days ago and spoke in front of all these people and now... even with a war raging at your borders you still keep your cool."

"Poland, I'm not alone... you helped me gain that confidence back. You defended me when I was up there and you were the one to take charge in the missile attack. I- I'm always compared to Nazi Germany but you didn't see that. Even if I don't know you very well I can tell you that you're more important and helpful than you think." Germany said a small awkward smile showed on his face.

"Thank you... you're right... Let's do this together." I said nodding and standing up to walk toward a corkboard mounted on the wall across from my desk. 

Different kinds of pictures, documents, and papers splayed out on a table. Germany began searching, grabbing a pin and carefully picking up a picture to then wrap a yarn string (from my old sewing hobby) and pin all the items on the wall. The pictures were taken with an old camera Germany had stored in his old office and the board, which was originally holding maps and calendars, is a replacement for our unusable phones and laptops. The Wi-Fi and power were down and due to be fixed. The picture Germany pinned on the board had the face of Russia with his ushanka and his vodka, a glare directed straight toward the camera.