Chapter 5

Hehehe, yes, finally! The cover is colored! Took about 8 hours but definitely worth it XD

Also wtf 124 views!? Ya've got me panicking, I only did this for fun and some people read it omg :O

Anyway, hope you enjoy reading!

Americ's POV-

Puerto Rico glanced at me, almost seeming distant. I froze as I observed the bags under his eyes, the spreading bruises on his body, and god... he was shivering while trying to open his mouth.

Rico... I rush over to his side worried, he was going through it alright.

Especially if he was going back to his mute habits of silent screaming and yelling. It was as if he didn't know how to speak again... Looking at him with worry I hear him huff and watch as he shifts on the bed.

"Rico what happened!? Are you okay? Is it another hurricane? Is it like Maria? Do you want anything?" I quickly ask, farrowing my brows, I touch his forehead and check his injuries tenderly.

Looking around, I hurriedly pace and tug at my hair, what should I do? How bad of a natural disaster is this? Are the other kids also going through this, I haven't checked up on Mariana yet and I can't hear Virgy or Guam from up here. Pacing around the room I ground myself into deep thought. Deciding to check Puerto Rico again, I suddenly feel my hands shoved away and PR yells, breaking my panic.

"Dad... just leave me alone, please." I stared at his furious expression in shock before he looked away in slight guilt.

Oh boy, I've seen that look before... just like Cuba... sighing I sit down on the carpeted floor determined to help Rico,

"No, Rico... I'm not leaving you again, I'm not just going to sit by and watch you crumble like before." I looked at him sternly before looking to the side, at the picture of Cuba feeling shame creep up inside me.

God, I wish I hadn't driven Cuba away... I should've talked with him more and stopped the president from starting an invasion. I could have prevented this, prevented him from dying, prevented the kids from feeling the loss of their older brother.

Not too long ago Cuba was laughing and playing around but now he can't even look at me, he avoids me in every interaction. I try to get him to talk to his adoptive siblings once in a while but he just doesn't want to remember.

Thinking back, my memories play out like an old record player, Cuba was playing around in Rico's room, playing the guitar while laughing.

"Ay, Ricky! You should try singing once you get that surgery! I bet you would sing like an angel, just like mama! You still remember her right?" Cuba tilted his head with a lopsided grin.

Puerto Rico nodded a tear sliding down his cheek, signing in the air he sniffled.

"I miss her." Rico signed making Cuba put the guitar onto the bed and crouching to the floor next to his twin. Hugging him closely he shushed him. I remember walking in soon after watching the scene, receiving a fearful glance from PR and Cuba mumbled to me.

"Oh... Hi Mr.USA..." the Cuban said slightly bowing his head while he hugged PR close.

"Cuba... No tienes que ser tan formal, solo iba a decirles que ya es tiempo de irnos a conseguir la surugia. Vistense que es en media hora. (Cuba... You don't have to be so formal, I'm only here to tell you two that it's time to go to get the surgery. Get dressed, we leave in half an hour)." I said reluctant to answer, feeling a little bit out of place.

"Okay, America." Cuba hesitantly smiled before helping Rico get up onto his feet.

Before I knew it, the scene changed again as I saw Cuba run after a laughing Puerto Rican.