f o u r

yeona

I still don't know what happened last night. It bugged me until the morning came. Chan, Changbin and Jisung slept with me at my room. I don't know why but they kept insisting to sleep here. And as I saw how adorable they are, I eventually gave in.

I rose up from my bed and looked at the 3 of them. Jisung was sleeping beside my pillow, Chan and Changbin were at the end of the bed, sleeping peacefully.

I went out of my room as quietly as I could to not wake them up. When I reached downstairs, I smelled something delicious.

"Good morning, my dear." Grandma greeted me with a sweet smile. She was holding a spatula and standing in front of the stove.

"I'm cooking some breakfast, can you prepare the table for me?" She said then continued her business. I went to the cupboard and grabbed 2 plates, 2 glasses and utensils. I placed it at the table then I went to the backyard.

The door to the mini shed was open, so I went in. I saw Hyunjin and Jeongin sleeping together on the 2nd floor, Seungmin and Minho were also sleeping but on the 1st floor. Then there's Felix, sleeping alone on a separated bed.

As I was going out of the shed, I heard a chirp. And for sure that's from Felix. I looked in his direction and there he was, running to me while flapping his little wings. I sat down and put my hand down so I could carry him.

We went to the kitchen and grandma just finished cooking. "Good morning Felix. Let's have your breakfast." Grandma said and I put down Felix so he could follow grandma.

I sat down at the table and waited for her to come so we could have our breakfast together. We started eating as soon as she sat at the table.

We were eating happily while she told me some stories of when she was younger. Some of them were funny, and some were sad and somehow painful.

After breakfast, I cleaned up the table and washed the dishes while she proceeded to feed her little companions. Everyone woke up as soon as we finished eating.

I went to the river and sat down at the bench. It was a great morning. The wind blew lightly, the sunlight was not that harsh and the water at the river flows quietly.

While relaxing, I heard someone running. I looked at them and it was Hyunjin and Jeongin, with Changbin behind them.

When they saw me, they greeted me first, brushing their body up on my legs and then they rushed to the river to play. Changbin, greeted me longer than the 2. He was just looking at me, then tilting his head like he was asking me something.

"What is it, Changbin?" I asked him. And of course he won't answer. I might run if he suddenly speaks. Wait, he must be asking about last night.

"Are you somehow asking about last night?" His expression started to change, which means it must be it.

"I'm fine, don't worry about me. Look, I'm still in one piece." I said and stood up, showing him that I was not missing any body parts, nor I don't have any injuries or wound around my body.

After that, he stood up and went to the river to play with the others. I went back inside the house to look for something to do.

When I entered the house, grandma was just leaving her bedroom all dressed up. I went to greet her down the stairs.

"Grandma, where are you going?" I asked her and she smiled at me. "I'm going to town. I have some business that I need to do. You behave here and take care of our house. I'll be home maybe in the afternoon." She said that while walking to the door. I opened it for her and walked her to the gate.

Then she walked away, not even waiting for some vehicle to carry her to the town. "Grandma, are you going to walk there from here?" She looked at me while still walking. "Yes!!" She yelled, then continued to walk again until her figure was gone.

Walk to town from here? Isn't that too far? It took us almost 15 minutes to reach here from town while riding the truck. But walking? It might take her twice the time until she reaches the town.

I went back inside and sat on the couch. I wanted to watch TV but grandma doesn't have it. I stood up again and went back to my room. I laid down at the bed and stared at the ceiling.

Then, the door opened.

I swear I closed the door before lying down. When I rose up, I saw all of grandma's little companions looking at me.

"Hey guys. Is there anything you want to do? Or is there anything you need?" I asked them, then they all hopped in at my bed and laid down around me.

"I guess you guys want to sleep here?" I asked them, but I never heard a response from them. I laid down with them and quietly stared at the ceiling.

Minutes later, Seungmin suddenly barked, which made the others stand up and they all ran out of my room. I quickly followed them, wondering what happened.

They ran around the front yard, the living room, the kitchen then the backyard. They were just running and running without stopping. What happened to them?

They reached the riverbank, and they ran around in circles. After running in loops, they started running again towards the house.

I followed after them, then they ran upstairs. I thought they would go to my room, but they decided to enter grandma's room.

I tried stopping them, but it's no use, they already entered her room. I waited for them to leave the room so I could close it without entering, but no one got out.

I was getting worried. They might break something inside, so I decided to break a rule, just to save them.

I went upstairs, and when I reached the top, I looked downstairs, grandma might have caught me entering her room. When the coast was clear, I slowly entered her room. And inside her room was something I never expected.