s e v e n t e e n

yeona

After that fight down the cliff, we stayed down and continued the journey. It was tiring running around, but I say that it was nothing compared to my training, where Grandma let me sleep outside, no bed and even a blanket, then Elijah will throw projectile spells at me as I slept. It was brutal, to be honest. That kind of training went on for a week, and after the training, I took a whole day of sleep.

I suddenly smiled at myself. I missed both of them. I've been with them for a long time, but here I am, doing my adventure alone.

As I was thinking a lot of thoughts, a small, loud bark woke me up from daydreaming. Then I felt someone pulling my robe. I looked down and saw Seungmin and Chan biting my robe as they pulled me towards them.

Confused, I looked in front of me and saw a huge bear wake up from its nap. I stepped back, hiding the little ones behind me as I pulled out my wand from my Dimensional Ring.

It roared as loud as it could that probably echoed around the forest. That alarmed the little ones and started to run away in different directions. I panicked as I saw them scattered around.

I grabbed the slowest one running away from me, Changbin. He was crying nonstop, and they were heartbreaking. I held him close to me as I grabbed onto him. Luckily, he calmed down after.

I quickly chased the others running around. Starting off with Jisung, then Hyunjin, Felix, Minho, Seungmin and Jeongin. I hugged all of them to calm them and stop crying.

I looked around to look for the bear, and there he was chasing a wolf. A wolf? Ohh no~

I quickly grabbed everyone and cast Whirlwind Sprint to quickly reach Chan before the bear manages to do so. The moment I grabbed Chan, I quickly gave him a hug and he calmed down.

But the moment I looked ahead of us, I saw a huge cave and we were going to enter it if I couldn't manage to stop the spell. And unfortunately, before I even stopped us, we were already inside the cave. Because of the huge impact we made, the cave's only way was blocked by huge boulders, and we couldn't get out.

I quickly cast a Light Barrier around us so it won't be too dark. I put down the little ones and we walked inside, finding another way out of this huge cave.

When we reached the end of the path, we saw stairs to the floor below. Slowly, we went down, being alert of our surroundings.

The floor below was as dark as the floor above. As we walked further, there was nothing. It was just an empty hallway. And as we reached the end, there were another stairs going down to another floor below.

Slowly, we went down the stairs, and no one would believe what we saw down there. There were bookshelves full of books. Like it was a library. Or was it?

Slowly, we roamed around the library. Some of the little ones roamed on their own, and I let them. As I passed into the bookshelves looking for something useful, I coughed here and there due to the large amount of dust that was in the books.

After roaming only a part of the library for almost an hour, I gathered several books about ancient spells and creatures. I thought I could find a book about the guardians, but I guess I looked at the wrong part of the library.

I went to find a table where I could read, and the little ones were already there, seated at some books. I approached them and they were all looking at me.

"Hey guys, what book did you find?" I asked them, and they went down from the books and showed me. All of the books they saw were all about ancient bastions and temples with ancient secrets, ancient spells, and defensive spells 101, except one that stood out among them. I grabbed the book in front of Minho and read it carefully.

"Ancient Protectors: The Guardian Children"

I quickly sat down in the dusty chair and opened the book. I hope this was the right book. I rapidly scanned every page, until I saw the right page that tells about the guardians.

"Once there was only a protector of all land. He was happy doing his job, protecting and keeping the balance in every part of the world. Until the human race kept growing and growing to the point where the first protector couldn't do his job well like before. By that, he decided to create more of his kind. One of them was the Forest Guardians. They were all siblings, protecting each part of the biggest forest in the world, the Evergreen Realm.

Each of the sibling guardians can manipulate one of the main elements. The eldest of them, who likes to stay at night to watch each of his siblings and protects them, was a Darkness manipulator. The second born, who likes to create caves, cliffs, plateaus and mountains and one of the strongest among them, was an Earth manipulator.

The third born was a free spirit, doing everything he wanted to do. And with his Spirit manipulator, the human race always goes to him if ever their loved ones die and they want him to guide their spirit to the other world. The fourth born couldn't live without water. He always wanted to play in the water. And with that, he became the Water manipulator.

The fifth born is the clumsiest and the entertainer of the siblings. He always spent his alone time on nature, which was suited as his job as a forest guardian and as a Nature manipulator. The sixth born, who loves spending time with the eldest sibling, would talk for hours even if the topic was just nonsense, and laugh at everything his siblings do, was an Air manipulator.

The seventh born was the quietest sibling. But the moment he opens his mouth to speak up, he will just tease his siblings, especially the eldest sibling. He was a Light manipulator. And the youngest is also a savage like the seventh sibling. But even his savageness, each of his elder siblings have a soft spot for him, adoring him so much. He was a Fire manipulator.

With them all combined, everyone feared them. Even humanity respects them and treats them like gods. But the last time everyone saw them was a few hundred years ago. No one knew where they went, or where they were now. It was still a mystery up until this day."