n i n e

yeona

I heard footsteps coming to the door. "Hey, Master is looking for you." Without a second thought, I rushed inside with Minho on my arms.

I saw Grandma looking at me, then she smiled. "I'm sorry, dear." She immediately said, which made me kneel beside her.

"Oh no grandma, you didn't do anything wrong. I'm really glad you're okay." She slowly raised her hand to my cheeks. "You're a big girl now. If ever you're going on your journey, please be safe." She smiled at me, tears ran down her cheeks from her eyes.

"No Grandma, I'll stay here and take care of you." I said, but she shook her head. "Elijah can stay here with me. You go on your journey and find the evil witch."

"What? What do you mean I find the evil witch? I'm not that strong to fight against her." I cried as I held her hand. "You're the only one who can defeat her." She weakly said.

"Wh-what do you mean? I'm not that strong to fight anyone. Even you, I-I can't even defeat you." I hardly cried on her hands.

"Then, why don't you fight Elijah so you can prove yourself?" I suddenly stopped crying as I heard her say that. I slowly looked at Elijah and he grinned at me.

"Looks like our awaited duel will finally happen." I wiped my tears and looked at him confused. "Awaited fight?" I asked him, which made him facepalm himself.

"Look, I did swore to you that I'll hunt you even in your dreams if you forgot about our duel." He looked like he'd explode in anger or something. I laughed at him due to his reaction.

"I didn't forget that duel, dummy. I just asked you why you said 'awaited duel'. Don't be too angry or you'll pop a vein." I laughed loudly, which made him storm off the house. I stopped laughing, then I looked at grandma with a confused face.

"Ohh no dear, don't look at me like that." Grandma chuckled. "I mean I did offended him, but why storm off? What is he, 5? He's even older than me." I explained as I looked back and forth at the door and at her.

"He's just a year older than you. Don't treat him like an oldie." Grandma laughed at me. I just laughed with her instead of answering. I looked at the door one last time. I wonder if he's okay?

I stood up and went to the kitchen to prepare something to eat. While preparing, the little ones were scratching the cabinet where their food was stored, so I gave theirs first and then I continued preparing.

I made an oatmeal for grandma while I cooked ham and eggs for myself. I also cooked some for Elijah, if ever he will come back.

I fed grandma first, and while I was doing so, we felt a strong wind from the outside. It felt like a tornado.

I decided to look outside, but no one was there. I looked around for more but I saw no one. The moment I was going back inside, I kicked something on the ground, but nothing was there even a pebble. It must be invisible.

I cast a revealing spell on the ground and there revealed a black box. It was small and light. I carried it inside and showed it to grandma.

"Do you somehow know where that came from?" I asked grandma, but she only shook her head. "That's the first package I ever received, so I have no idea where that came from." I nodded at her then stared back at the box.

I slowly opened it, and there's a single paper inside. I flipped it so I can read whatever is written.

The penmanship was kind of crappy but understandable, and it's written using blood. But what's written down made me shiver.

"GO TO HELL!!"

I didn't show it to grandma, maybe when she's feeling better then I'll show her.

I looked at her as she waited for some answers, but I just smiled at her. "There's nothing for you to be worried about, for now. You should rest in your room so you won't get cold out here." I said and carried her with magic. I opened the door to her room and fixed her bed before laying her down.

"Rest well grandma. Just call me whenever you need me, okay?" She smiled then nodded her head. "Thank you dear. You should rest as well." I nodded, then I left her room.

I went back to the living room and saw all the little ones staring at me. Then all at the same time, they looked at the paper I was holding, but I hid it from them. Well, what's the point if they can't even read?

I sat down on the couch and watched them run around in circles. Chan was just watching them then I heard him sighed which made me chuckle softly. Later on, they gathered around my foot and settled themselves there. Some slept and some were just laying down.

When everyone was settled down, I lifted up the paper and decided to read the content again, but I saw nothing on it. The writings earlier were gone, which gave me goosebumps.

I looked around, but I knew no one but me was here. And the little ones were not acting strange either. The paper must be magical or something that's why the writings were gone.

I decided to close my eyes so I could rest, but then loud footsteps were heard outside, running towards the house.

I went to open the door and there was Elijah running with his life towards the house. He ran straight to me, which made us fall down the floor, him above me.

He quickly got up and shut the doors and every window we had. He pulled me to the corner of the house and made me sit there beside him.

"Hey, what's happening?" I whispered at him, then he looked at me. His eyes and expression were terrified. "They're coming."