t w e n t y o n e

yeona

My body unconsciously went into a ready stance as soon as I saw her. Even Jisung and Minho in my arms were alarmed by her presence.

"Ohh dear, you don't have to do that. We have the same goal here." She smiled at me, trying to convince me that she was good. "What do you mean? You're here to steal something. I'm here to protect it and the kingdom. That's not the same." I told her which she definitely didn't like.

"What a stubborn child you are. Just like your grandmother." My eyes widened as I heard her mention my grandma, but I quickly squinted it as I stared at her. "How did you know her?" I asked, not showing any stuttering to show that I'm not afraid of her. She laughed like a witch, though she really was one.

"How do I know her? Maybe you should ask her first, before asking me that." She said as she descended from the air. She pulled out her wand from her sleeves and pointed at me.

"Now, show me what your grandma taught you." She just stood there, pointing her wand at me. I put the two down and walked two steps towards her.

I lifted my hand where my wand was and looked at her. I cast a projectile spell at her, but she simply just sent it back to me. I quickly dodged it and threw another spell. She threw one as well, and we exchanged spells as we ran around.

"You seemed fine. Enough to entertain me." She spoke as soon as she threw a Black Fireball. I only smirked at her and quickly threw Ice Shards towards her. She flew up to avoid my attack and I followed her up with my Earth Pillar spell.

I threw some spells that deal more damage than the earlier ones I used. "Solar Flare Burst!" I yelled and a blinding light was cast down on her, making her shut her eyes. She shrieked in pain as she covered her face.

"PHANTOM SHADOW BARRIER!" She yelled as she cast the spell enduring the pain. Soon after, a super black barrier was around her body, protecting her from the blinding light. She angrily looked at me. "That's it. No more child's play." She yelled in anger and pointed her wand at me. "Mors Veneficus."

I looked around me as I saw nothing happened. I was waiting for some falling object, but nothing came. I looked down on my feet, but still nothing. I patiently waited, staring at her. "Your spell seemed to have no effect on me." I said and she just laughed at me. Moments later, I felt my body floating on its own. I looked down and saw my Earth Pillar was gone. In fear, I looked at the witch in front of me and saw her smiling.

"Now, let me tell you this because you might not be able to hear this after." She teleported in front of me. I was able to see her dark face, her eyes full of hatred, and her expression was nothing but anger. She looked down at me and held my chin up.

"A friendly advice from a witch like you. Never let your guard down in battle. You might not expect what would happen." She let go of my chin and retreated slowly to her original position. I was still staring at her in shock. Soon, black shadows were floating around me, making a circle. The circle became thick and slowly shrinked at my body, tying me up and leaving me defenseless. I was going to cast a spell, but my wand slipped down from my fingers and fell down on the ground.

As time passed by, I felt my body slowly becoming weak, as if this circle was draining my strength. I looked at her as she laughed at me. "Do you feel it? The curse I put on you will drain your life essence and will eventually kill you. And the best part is, there is nothing you can do about it." She laughed again as she flew down the ground with me in her hands.

She positioned herself in the Eldertree and yelled to gain the attention of everyone. "Listen, people of Elven kingdom, I have here your allied witch. In a few minutes, her life will be drained and she will eventually die!" I could hear them gasped at the news.

"So, in order to save her, I have a great deal for you." Everyone started muttering at the words she said. "Bring me the Seed of Eternal Youth, in exchange for her life." They all became silent. I saw one who stood among them. With the white robe and bright aura he has, I thought I knew him already. I looked at him and slowly shook my head. He just smiled at me and looked at the witch behind me.

"Pass her to me first, and I'll give you the seed." Einar spoke, showing something glowing in his hands. I heard the witch laugh.  "That's it. The Seed of Eternal Youth." She said, slowly approaching it. She threw me down the ground, and I felt the impact of the ground to my weak body. I heard some screamed, asking for someone who could heal, and some were rushing to my side to check on me.

"The curse still hasn't been lifted."

"Where's the healer?"

"That damn evil witch!"

"Hurry up! We have to save her."

"Just stay with us Ms. Yeona."

"Don't close your eyes yet. We're definitely going to save you."

Those were some of the words I heard as I laid down on the floor, almost lifeless. The curse was still on me, draining my life in every corner of my body. I could feel it as the curse sucked on my life like a baby feeding on its bottle.

Before I lost my consciousness, I heard a howl and a bark coming from different directions, which were definitely from Chan and Seungmin.

I wished I hugged all of them before leaving.