f i v e

yeona

I can't believe my eyes.

There were a lot of flasks, cups and jars with unknown substances inside, then a table with a large book, candles scattered around the floor, and a lot of stuff floating around the ceiling.

I roamed around more and saw a large, pointy, black hat, a black robe hanging on the coat rack, and a broom beside the coat rack. It's not just a simple broom, it was something that you know, witches would use to fly.

Ohh my, is my grandmother a witch? Is that the reason why she doesn't want me inside her room? To keep from me the fact that I'm living with a real witch?

I have to get out of here. She must have put something to keep an eye inside her room. She will eventually find out about me entering here.

Before I left her room, I suddenly remembered about the little guys. I started looking around and saw them under grandma's bed.

"Guys, let's get out. Grandma won't like it if she sees us inside her room." I told them and they slowly went out of the room one by one.

I was the last one to go out so I could close the door. When I looked downstairs, grandma was still not here, which gave me relief. I looked for the little guys again to ask them what happened.

I went to the mini shed and there they were, resting due to their nonstop running earlier.

I knocked on the door before entering. They all looked at me, wondering why I knocked.

"Are you guys okay? What happened earlier?" I asked them, and of course I already knew they wouldn't answer. Chan suddenly howled. Everyone looked at him including me, and they were just looking at each other, staring at each other was the best description for this.

Then, they all suddenly stood up, walked to me and gathered around me. They were looking at me.

"Uhm, guys? Is there anything you want?" I asked again, and they came to me closer, as if they were hugging me.

I sat down so I could be at their level. I patted their heads one by one and smiled. "Are you guys hungry?"

And with that, their eyes sparkled with joy. So they became hungry after their long runs.

I stood up and walked to the door. "Let's go. I'll give you your food. It's almost lunchtime already." They ran to the kitchen, excited to have their meal. I also cooked for my lunch.

After eating our lunch, we went to my room and we rested there. My bed was comfy because of these furry little companions. They were laying around me and cuddling with me. A few minutes later, they all fell asleep.

I was just staring at the ceiling, until I felt one of them stood up. It was Seungmin, and he was just staring at me.

Ever since he gnarled at me when we first met, I never went near him again. He must hate me or just doesn't like me.

After a lot of staring, he looked around the bed, then he went near me, I mean he's already near me but he went up near my head and sat down beside my pillow.

"Hi." I whispered to him. And he was just staring at me. Then he slowly moved his head to me, then licked my forehead. After that, he settled beside my pillow and slept.

Okay, I didn't expect that. Are we good now? He doesn't hate me anymore? Am I a friend to him now? He's just a puppy, but he can make me overthink like this. Just one lick, and he made me like this.

I slowly closed my eyes, letting myself sleep along with these little thoughts, and the little guys.

_____

I suddenly woke up from someone shaking me. It was grandma, who just came back from the town.

"Dear, wake up. I brought something for you." She said while motioning her hands to come to her. I looked around and the little guys were not here anymore.

I followed grandma and she led me downstairs, to the dining table. There was a huge plate with various breads. 2 milks on a carton was also there.

"You go on and eat, I'll join you later." I watched her walk upstairs to her room, which made me nervous. I grabbed a donut and ate it.

Minutes later, the little guys came inside the kitchen and greeted me. They were hopping, some were wagging their tails and some were going round in circles while greeting me. I was just smiling at them.

They left after such joyful greetings, then grandma came in her comfy clothes. She was smiling at me as she was walking to me. She was also holding a long, black box.

"Grandma, let's eat." I said as she sat down at the table. She grabbed a piece of bread and ate it. She also opened the cartons of milk and poured it into two tall glasses. She gave one to me as she drank her milk.

"Uhm, grandma, I know you'll be mad at me, but—" she shushed me as she ate her bread.

"Dear, I know everything that happens inside this house, even if I'm not present." She said and continues eating. "I know my little companions barged into my room, then you went in, roamed around for a minute and fetched them to go out."

My eyes widened in shock. I looked at her and she sighed. Was she mad?

"A-are you mad, grandma?" I softly asked her, not wanting to make her mad anymore. Then she looked at me, smiling. As if I didn't break a rule she gave me.

She didn't speak, but she gave me the box she was holding. "I'm not mad, don't worry. But, I want you to open this box." She calmly said, which kind of scared me.

I slowly opened it and saw a long stick with engraves on it. Inside the cover of the box, my name was written on it. Lee Yeona.