e i g h t

yeona

It's been a year since I first learned that I was destined to be a witch. I never stopped training and learning all of the things I need to learn. I wanted to be strong just like grandma.

And today, my very supportive master, and my grandma, will test me on a duel.

Grandma wanted to know if I could beat her down. If yes, she will let me go on my own journey. And if not, I will stay here for another year to train.

And of course, I won't be spending another year training. In that long time, I must have done a lot of adventurous and exciting things as a witch.

For our duel, we went to an open space inside the forest. Although it was an open space, the place was still shaded by tall trees.

I saw grandma wearing her witch attire. A pointy, black hat, a long, dark emerald dress and a black robe that covers her dress.

She was standing while observing me as I walked towards her. Her hands were behind her, maybe she was hiding her wand.

A few feet apart, I stood in front of her. I bowed to her as a respect and greetings, then I pulled out my wand from the pocket of my black leggings.

"Are you ready?" She asked me, then she walked in a circle and went back to her position. "Ready." I replied and readied myself.

She suddenly vanished. My eyes widened by her sudden disappearance.

'Just like the training.' I said to myself and closed my eyes.

I trained this with the little guys. I was blindfolded, they will approach me one by one and I should guess where they will come from and where their location was.

I could hear light footsteps. I slowly followed it with my ears and when I pinpointed her location, I quickly cast a spell.

"Earth Pillar!" I yelled and pointed my wand at my grandma's direction. She quickly revealed herself and jumped to her left to dodge the pillar.

She looked at me and smirked. "Nice work." Then she vanished again. I closed my eyes again. No footsteps?

She must have been floating. But where?

When I realized, I jumped to my left and saw grandma standing where my last position was.

She chuckled then pointed her wand at me. "Wind Slasher." She calmly spoke, which made me panic. I cast a barrier around my body and ran away from her.

When I regained my position, I pointed my wand at her. "Stone Bullets." Suddenly, bits of stones rose up from the ground and quickly rushed to her. But she dodged it without breaking a sweat.

"I summon you, Stone Golem!" I yelled, then the ground shook. The ground was rising until it formed a huge golem.

I heard a laugh from a distance. "Quite clever summoning a golem. I guess I should do the same." Without other words from her, a fire guardian suddenly appeared in front of us.

I commanded the golem to defeat the fire guardian, which he quickly obeyed. Then I looked for grandma, and there she was at the top of the head of her guardian.

I created a stone pillar below me so I can also rise up at my golem's head. When I arrived there, Grandma looked at me and smiled.

"Now you're mimicking me?" She laughed at me. I was going to say something, but she suddenly fell down from her guardian's head.

"Grandma!!" I created a stone pillar below my feet so I can run to her. Before her body reached the ground, I created a Water Carpet below her so she won't feel the impact of the ground.

I laid her down the ground and saw that she was unconscious. Her temperature was also crazily high. I lifted her up and brought her back to the cottage.

When we reached the gate, the little guys greeted us, but when they saw grandma, they all panicked.

"Calm down everyone, grandma was only unconscious, and has a fever." I said as I reached the front door.

I laid her down on the couch, grabbed a towel and a basin with ice cold water. I washed the towel in the basin and wiped her body so her temperature would go down. When I finished, I put the towel on her forehead so it would absorb the heat from her body.

I went to her room and grabbed a pillow and a blanket. I went back to the living room and put the pillow under her head and put the blanket over her.

I sat down on the single couch and looked at her. "She must have overworked herself earlier." I said to myself. Then I suddenly chuckled. "Of course, she's too old to do vigorous activities." I know my grandma was a powerful witch, but in her age, she should be resting and having peaceful days, not training and dueling with her apprentice.

I sighed as I looked around. The little ones were laying down on the floor, beside the couch where grandma was resting.

I was going to the kitchen to grab something to eat, when a knock was heard from the door. I went to the door and opened it. It revealed a panting and sweaty Elijah. His black hair was a mess, and his glasses were almost falling down his nose.

"Where's my Master?" He shouted as he entered the house. "Hey, don't shout. She might wake up." I warned him, then he rushed to her side.

"Master, what happened?" He tried asking grandma, but she didn't respond.

"She's unconscious so she won't answer your question." I explained to him, but he wasn't listening.

To my irritation, I left them and went on the porch. I sat down and tried to calm myself down. I closed my eyes and rested my head on the wall behind me.

Then, something was moving at my feet. When I opened my eyes, I saw Minho jumping to my lap. I carried him and put him on my lap.

"Hi Minho. What's up?" He looked at me, then he tilted his head. His eyes were like asking me something. "I'm fine, if you're asking me." I smiled at him, but I can still feel his eyes saying something to me.

Then he suddenly laid down on my lap and closed his eyes. If only I could understand them, maybe I can answer his question.