8- Aftermath

Before you start reading, I would like to once again thank you all for the support!

This fanfic now has 896 read and 159 votes, and once again, THANK YOU!!!

========================

The game lasted for 1 hour and 46 minutes in 3 sets.

The entire crowd cheered. At first, they were expecting little from Yukigaoka Junior High since they had never participated in previous Volleyball tournaments.

They also expected to be entirely crushed by Kitagawa Daiichi within 31 minutes, and it seems they were wrong.

Among the crowd, three high-school students wearing black jackets with the kanji "crow" written behind them are also amazed by the performance.

"King of the court, huh." A male said. He has slightly thick eyebrows, light grey hair, and hazel-brown eyes with a birthmark mole under his left eye.

"He'll be a tough opponent once he gets into high school." Another male said. He has a muscular build, short dark hair, and dark brown eyes.

"Not only him, but those Orange-haired twins will also be tough." A guy with a shaved head, a widow's peak, and sharp blue-grey eyes said.

The three of them walked off towards the door.

On the court, Yukigaoka and Kitagawa Daiichi members gathered in a line.

As the players gathered near the net, both teams formed two lines facing each other.

As fate would have it, Sora and Kageyama faced each other.

Sora and Kageyama stared at each other with intimidating stares and did not exchange words.

Their teammates noticed this and got scared by the intimidating stares made by Kageyama and Sora.

Kageyama's next words carried a mix of challenge and determination. "I'll beat you and your twin again," he declared, his voice holding a touch of rivalry.

Sora's reaction was swift, his emotions surfacing as his veins pulsed on his forehead. "Don't get ahead of yourself, King of the Court," he retorted with a hint of playful defiance.

Kageyama's irritation flared up, his response immediate and fiery. "Stop calling me that," he shot back, the annoyance evident in his voice.

Sora knew from the manga that Kageyama didn't like being called "King of The Court".

Tweet!

===============================

Sora, Shoyo, Izumi, and Koji are now outside the gymnasium.

"Man, that was tough," Koji said, "We gave them a hard time, but it seems it was not enough."

Izumi nodded and said, "Yeah, they're candidates for the nationals, after all."

As they walked, Sora got drawn to Shoyo, who seemed lost in his thoughts.

Shoyo's gaze fixated on the ground beneath him. Sora's keen sense picked up on the quiet sadness surrounding Shoyo, an unspoken weight he carried.

Sora knew Shoyo well. This was Shoyo's first official volleyball match but he and his team lost in the end. Of course, Shoyo is going to be sad.

Sensing his brother's subdued state, Sora decided to offer his support. He adjusted his stride to match Shoyo's pace, then gently placed his hand on Shoyo's shoulder, a gesture meant to convey solidarity and comfort.

"Shoyo," Sora began, his tone gentle yet persistent, "I know you're sad, but remember, there will be a next time." The words were infused with reassurance and optimism, an attempt to uplift Shoyo's spirits in the face of defeat.