27- Aftermath

"Thank you for the match," echoed between the Karasuno and Nekoma teams as they exchanged bows, the sentiment genuine despite their practice session being cut short by unforeseen circumstances involving the roof.

Following their expressions of gratitude, Keishin swiftly approached Sora, concern etched on his face as he gently seized his shoulders.

"Let's get you to a hospital quickly," he urged, his worry evident in his tone.

"What?"

Sora's reaction was one of surprise. He couldn't fathom why Keishin was suggesting a hospital visit; despite the bizarre turn of events, he felt perfectly fine.

Ignoring Sora's protestations, Keishin turned to Takeda. "Takeda-san, I hate to ask, but could you drive them back to Karasuno?" He gestured toward the other members of the team. "Don't worry about us; we'll take the train."

Takeda nodded understandingly, recognizing Keishin's concern for Sora's well-being. "Of course, I will," he affirmed.

"Thank you, Takeda-san," Keishin replied gratefully.

Shoyo, mirroring Keishin's apprehension, interjected, "Can I come too?"

Keishin glanced at Shoyo and affirmed, "Let's go."

With determination, Keishin gently pushed against Sora's resistance. 

"Hey, I'm fine, you don't have to take me to the hospital!" Sora protested adamantly.

"Sora, you're the one who received that spike; I'm just worried you might have some broken bones," Keishin reasoned, his concern evident in his voice.

Shoyo nodded in agreement, echoing Keishin's worry for their teammate.

Reflecting on their journey together, Keishin couldn't deny the bond that had formed between them since their first encounter. He now regarded the Hinata twins almost like younger brothers.

"I told you, I'm fine!" Sora reiterated his protest, frustration evident in his tone.

As Sora was gently pushed away, the other members of Karasuno and Nekoma observed from a distance, their reactions ranging from concern to curiosity.

As they watched Sora being escorted away, Yamaguchi turned to Tsukishima with a perplexed expression.

"Do you think he's okay?"

Tsukishima shrugged nonchalantly. "Who knows? But Keishin-san seems pretty worried, so it's better to be safe than sorry."

It might seem that Tsukishima seemed not worried, but inside, he was deeply worried for him.

Nishinoya, overhearing their conversation, chimed in with his usual enthusiasm. "Yeah, I hope Sora-san is okay! He took quite a hit from that ball!"

Meanwhile, on Nekoma's side, Kenma observed the scene with his usual calm demeanor, though a hint of concern flickered in his eyes.

He couldn't shake off the feeling that something strange had occurred during the match, something beyond the realm of ordinary volleyball.

Kuroo, noticing Kenma's contemplative expression, nudged him lightly. "Hey, Kenma, you seem lost in thought. What's on your mind?"

Kenma shook his head slightly as if to clear his thoughts. "It's nothing, just thinking about the match," he replied vaguely.

Kuroo studied Kenma for a moment, recognizing the familiar signs of his friend's introspection. He knew better than to press further when Kenma was in this state.

"Uhm, excuse me!"

They all turned to the source of the sound and found a group of new reporters and cameramen at the door.