19- Versus The Great King

Hey ya'll! The vote goal is once again 40, so good luck and enjoy reading!

Words: 7,002

=============

Sora and Shoyo sat with each other. Shoyo was leaning on Sora's shoulder as he slept while Sora looked out the window.

After a while, the Karasuno team arrived at Aoba Johsai, they disembarked from the mini-bus one by one, each player stepping onto familiar ground.

Sora stretched his arms upward, a relaxed smile on his face. "It seems I'm back here," he remarked casually. "Well, at least it won't be a boring day."

"Sora-san, you forgot your bag," Ennoshita called out from behind him, extending the bag toward Sora.

Sora turned around, his eyes widening in realization. "Oh, thanks, Ennoshita-senpai!" he said, his smile bright as he received his bag.

ZIP

Opening his bag, Sora pulled out an ear of sweet corn, the warm, fresh aroma wafting from it.

Ennoshita sweatdropped, clearly perplexed. "Uhh, Sora-san, what's with the corn?"

Sora, undeterred, continued munching on his corn, speaking between mouthfuls. "Thish ish the reason why I'm late," he explained, his words slightly muffled. "My... coach... gave... me... this... since... I needed... some fibers..."

"Uhh...okay," Ennoshita replied, still somewhat bewildered by the situation.

"CAW!"

Suddenly, a chorus of caws filled the air. Both Sora and Ennoshita looked up and saw three crows heading straight toward them.

Sora, sensing the impending danger, realized that the crows were targeting him.

"Caw!" The crows roared menacingly.

With lightning-fast reflexes, Sora ducked, narrowly avoiding the swooping crows.

"Why the hell are they attacking me?!" Sora exclaimed in English, his surprise evident as he tried to fend off the unexpected avian assault.

Ennoshita could only watch in bemusement, unsure whether to be concerned or amused by the bizarre turn of events.

The crows, undeterred, made another dive toward Sora.

"What the fuck!" Sora once again exclaimed in English as he sidestepped, narrowly evading their sharp talons.

However, one of the determined crows managed to snag its talons onto the corn, attempting to pull it away by taking flight.

'They're going after MY corn!' Sora thought, his possessiveness over the corn surprising even himself. He tugged back, engaged in a bizarre tug-of-war with the crow.

To his astonishment, the other two crows joined the contest, their collective strength proving to be more formidable than Sora had anticipated.

'I'm struggling, what the fuck!' Sora thought incredulously, finding it utterly ridiculous that three crows could pose such a challenge. Despite the absurdity of the situation, he was determined to defend his corn from the avian adversaries.

While Sora was engaged in a comical tug-of-war with the crows over the prized corn, the rest of the team watched the spectacle with bemusement, their expressions a mix of amusement and disbelief.

"Uhh...does he need help?" Sugawara asked, his concern evident in his voice as he watched Sora's struggle with the crows.

"Yeah, he sure does," Tsukishima replied, a mischievous grin playing on his lips as he seized the opportunity. Swiftly, he took a photo of the ridiculous scene unfolding before them.