Baby Making - DoRen

Huang Renjun paced back and forth in his room, frustration and anxiety gnawing at him. He couldn't believe the situation he was in. An arranged marriage to Kim Doyoung, a marriage meant to bring their families together and secure their legacies. But what good was a marriage if there was no connection, no understanding, and worst of all, no affection?

The Kim family had high expectations of them, especially now that they were eagerly waiting for a grandchild to carry on the family name. But Doyoung seemed to be avoiding Renjun at all costs, treating their marriage as a mere obligation rather than a partnership.

One evening, as Renjun watched the sun set from his balcony, a surge of frustration coursed through him. He couldn't take the silence and distance any longer. He needed to make Doyoung see that they were in this together, whether he liked it or not.

Renjun stood in front of the mirror, looking at his reflection. He smoothed out his shirt and took a deep breath, feeling the butterflies fluttering in his stomach. He'd never done anything like this before, but it was a risk he was willing to take if it meant getting Doyoung's attention.

But when he entered the bedroom, Doyoung wasn't there. Instead, Renjun found his husband sitting in the living room with his laptop open.

Doyoung was so focused on his work that he didn't even notice Renjun standing in the doorway. The younger man couldn't help but smile as he watched his husband type away on the computer, the glow of the screen lighting up his face.

It was times like this when Doyoung looked the most handsome. When he was focused, his brow furrowed in concentration, his lips curved in a slight frown, and his eyes alight with determination.

Renjun loved watching Doyoung work, but there was something about tonight that felt different.

He was still nervous about taking the next step with Doyoung, but he was also determined to follow his heart.

"Hyung?" he said softly, his voice cracking.

Doyoung jumped and quickly turned to face Renjun.

"I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were there."

Renjun managed a small smile, pushing past his unease. "It's okay. Can we talk?"

Doyoung's response was tinged with frustration, his tone short. "I'm sorry, I'm just really busy right now."

Renjun's frustration, which had been simmering beneath the surface, finally broke free. He refused to let this opportunity slip through his fingers. "Busy? Doyoung, do you realize that we hardly spend any time together? What's so important that you can't spare a moment to talk to me?"

Doyoung's attention wavered between his laptop and Renjun. "I have a lot of work to do, Renjun. Can't this wait?"

Renjun's voice cracked with pent-up emotion as he retorted, "You've been busy for weeks. Even on our wedding night, you were consumed by work! We didn't even go on a honeymoon because you were too busy to even sleep!"

Doyoung's response was startling, leaving Renjun hurt and bewildered. "What's your point? This marriage is just a formality, a business arrangement. It's not meant to last."

Renjun's eyes widened, disbelief coloring his features. "What? You think our marriage isn't going to last? Is that what you believe?"

Doyoung's tone was matter-of-fact, dismissive. "It's the reality, Renjun. This marriage is for our families, not for love."

Renjun's frustration transformed into anger. "I thought you would at least try to make it work. But you're too busy for everything, even to acknowledge that we're in this together."