Chapter 2

Jack

I hate this. Why I am even here, I do not know. 10 year reunion with my high school class mates. Truthfully I think the only reason we are having this reunion, is because the head master wants to show us all the new playground. She is strange like that. I remember a year where there was a storm, and she freaked out because it was the most exiting thing that had happened the whole year.

That week we got free pizza.

I cannot believe that this is where I grew up. After living the life I live now in the city, it is very strange to be back here in this small town with only 5.000 residents where everyone knows each other. I was currently standing outside the gymnasium that had currently been turned into a dinner hall. A handful of people clad in white and black were running around like headless chicken trying to make the last adjustments before the rest of the guests arrived. I had arrived earlier than everyone else. I used to visit the principles office quite often back then so when this reunion came around she decided that I was going to help them to make up for all the trouble I used to make. I was going to say no, really I was. But she was scary. Like really scary. 

And free liquor is free liquor.

I never think principle Lisa had a reunion of her own because when you went into the second gymnasium it was covered in neon, disco balls and peace signs. This was the "party hall" for tonight. One of my best mates, Rick, was standing behind the DJ console getting ready to show his skills. In high school we always made fun of him and his dream, now half of the world screams with excitement at the mere mention of his name. He was the first person at our school to discover techno. He drove us crazy all the time, always listening to that crap and forcing us to join him. Apparently he knew what he was doing or else he would not be where he was now. His talent seemed to compensate for his lack of brain. 

"Hey Rick!" I called him, raising the bottle of beer I had in my hand in greeting. 

"Jack! Buddy! Long time no see!" He answered back with a big grin on his face. 

"Sure is"

I walked over to the DJ console and clinked my bottle with his. 

"Are you still involved with that model I saw you with the last time we saw each other?" I asked him with a raised eyebrow. 

"Nah... She had a nice body, but she talked too much. Plus I've got a lot of groupies who needs my attention and I have to give a little to charity, right?" He said wiggling his eyebrows. 

"You are such a pig"

"Better than to be a monk like you - when is the last time you got your trunk dipped?"

"You need to get your mind washed with soap"

"And you need to get laid" He shot back 

"I do get laid" I answered feeling insulted.

"Really, when?" 

"Just because I work most of the time-"

*Cough* "All the time" *Cough*

"- Does not mean that I do not occasionally enjoy the company of a woman. It is just not something that is that important to me. My life do not revolve around sex anymore. Unlike you, you slut."

"At least I know my mini-me still works. Can you say the same?"

I just ignored him and walked out of the gymnasium. I was on my way to the bar to get a refill when I heard heels clicking and a woman calling.

"Jack. Jack!"

I was seconds away from just ignoring her completely and proceed with my previous task, but decided against it.

"Yes,  Principle. Do you need me for something?" I asked with a forced smile. 

"Yes, thank you for asking. Can you be a darling and go out to the front entrance to greet the guests when they come? They should be arriving any minute now." She said in her cheerful high voice.

I gave her a tight smile. "Of course" I downed the rest of my beer. "I just need to get a refill and then I will be on my way."

I went over to the bar, grabbed a beer and walked out to the entrance where there were a chair and a table full of stickers with "Hello my name is _______" on them and a pen. This was going to be fun...

The first many people to arrive I did not recognize at all. Some of them I knew I had seen before, but what their names was, I had no idea. Then she came in the door. Blonde straight hair, green tight dress that made her boobs look ravishing. I would not mind adjusting those headlights. Woah, I have got to hold off with the beer, I am turning into a hormonal teenage boy again - hence all the old feelings that came crashing back after seeing this woman again. 

My first crush. 

Our eyes connected and she gave me one of her wicked smiles, made her way over to me and kissed me. 

I kissed her back. I blame the beer.

She pulled away and said "I really hope you're not married"

"Wow Ashley you haven't changed a bit. Still a slut I see" I let go of her and turned around to see who had just insulted the woman I just kissed. 

"Erin Valentine. Still a bitch I see - Ageing did nothing good for you." Ashley spat back at Erin.

"We both know that's a lie" Erin said, winking at Ashley. 

I snort-laughed. I could not help myself. Ashley looked at me with big eyes, looking like someone had just slapped her. She rolled her eyes and muttered "Whatever" and walked away. Ashley may have been my first crush, but I was stupid and horny back then. Her personality was never a big win.

I laughed out loud. I turned around to shake Erin's hand but froze before I got the chance. 

There standing beside her stood a girl I once dedicated all my in to torment.

Catherine Burton.

Shit. 

-*-*-*-*-*-

Did you think he was kissing Catherine? 

Hope you liked this new chapter my darlings, and thanks to my new followers! It warms my heart!

XOXO
- Alex