Chapter 5

2 months later...

Jack

I was lost.

I mean, seriously lost. I was supposed to meet up with Rick at his studio, which was out  in the middle of freaking nowhere, "when I work, I need trees" , and somewhere along the way I made a wrong turn. I've gotten so used to living in the city that when I have to travel by the small roads outside my usual routine, I have no idea where I am. 

Hence why I was lost.  

I had driven through town after town in hope of finding a sign that pointed to Eveston - my destination. 

No luck.

I tried to call Rick for the fifth time during the last hour, but the idiot did not pick up his phone. I was just about to turn around when I finally found what I was looking for. I made the left turn that was acquired and in my rush I did not notice a semi-big rock that had been dumped on the middle of the road. I tried to avoid it, and I almost succeeded but my right front tire still managed to hit and run over it - making the hood of the car kiss the pavement on the way down.

I sat for a couple of minutes composing myself trying to catch my breath. I pushed the shift into drive and stepped on the speeder. Only to realize that the engine had turned off. I turned the key in the ignition and nothing happened. 

Nothing. At. All.

Great.

I popped the hood and stepped out of the car to assess the damage. Only to realize that even though I have a penis, I know absolutely nothing about cars. I tried to see if something looked out of place or broken and actually thought I found something. There were wires going from the battery (I know how those look, i am not a complete idiot) and to a round cylinder looking box, and the wires were ripped and the box was hanging in just the wires. I did not think that was how it was supposed to be. 

Deciding I had played a mechanic enough for now, I grabbed my phone and called 4-1-1. I got the number and called it right away. It rang three times before someone picked up.

"F.B. Car Service, this is Bruce speaking, how may I help you?" A very deep voice asked on the other end of the line. 

"Hello, my name is Jack. I drove over a big stone on the road and then my engine died. Is it possible for you to come and look it out?"

"Yes. Where is your vehicle located?"

"In a small town called Ambersville. I was on my way to Eveston when it happened, I do not know the name of the road."

"Don't you worry, dude. I'll find you"

I was about to say thank you when I heard him whisper "sorry, Hon", and then he raised his voice again. "Don't worry, sir. We'll find you."

"Thank you."

15 minutes later a tow truck arrived and out stepped a very big guy covered in tattoos. With my 6'2 height I had never felt small, but compared to this guy I might as well have been the size of a 12-year old girl. He was massive. Not much taller than me, but so broad and buff that he looked like a wrestler. And the cherry on top of this scary guy - a long white scar over his eyebrow and some of his cheek. Basically he looked like a gang member. 

"Hi! I assume you're Jack?" He said while walking towards me, extending his hand for me.

"I am," I said shaking his hand. 

"Great! We'll take a look at the engine when we get the car back to the shop since it is beginning to become dark. Damn, nice Lotus," he said examining the car "Sir."

He got the car hooked and signaled me to get into the passenger seat of the truck. 

It was quiet in the car, only the music from the radio disturbing the silence. 'What I've done' by Linkin Park started to play, and Bruce turned up the volume a bit. 

"I hope you don't mind. I really like that band."

"Not at all. Linkin Park is a great band," I said while tapping my foot to the beat.

"You don't look like someone listening to Linkin Park," he said glancing at me with a weird look on his face. 

"I do occasionally. I was a big fan in my young days," I said, while not being able to block out the thoughts of exactly who it was that had introduced me to the band.

"You don't say," he answered while turning up the volume of the song a bit more. 

And then we arrived. The shop was located right at the outskirts of town, and it was not one of the biggest I have seen, but not one of the smallest either. There was a sign on top of the garage door that said "F.B. Car Service" and looked to be hand painted. 

Bruce stepped out and opened the garage door and came back to drive the truck inside. Just as he had parked his phone rang.

"Just a minute." he said stepping out. 

I stepped out too and walked around the garage to look at all the tools completely covering one of the walls. I saw no calendars with half-naked women, but there was one with cats. Weird.  I saw Bruce walk back inside. 

"I'm sorry, but I've got a family emergency that I need to take care of. My colleague will take it from here, I'll just go make the arrangements."

I saw him disappear up a flight of stairs, to where it looked like the office were. I took out my phone to check if Rich had called me back.

He had not.

Bast-.

"Wow, a Lotus. What's a car like that doing all the way out here?" I heard someone say.

A someone I knew. 

I turned around, and sure enough. I knew this someone. 

"Catherine" I looked at her shocked face and attire. "I did not know you were an auto mechanic."

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

That's it for now. I'd like to dedicate this chapter to the wonderful person who send me a private message telling me how much she enjoyed my story. Thank you very much, good karma will be send your way.

And to the rest of you, thank you for giving this story a chance! 

Peace out 

Alex oxox