Chapter 8

Catherine

I drove aimlessly around for some time after I had dropped Jack off.

Him showing up at my fathers shop was probably the last thing I had ever expected. A unicorn walking through my apartment seemed more likely.

Once I had collected my thoughts, I headed towards home.

Since it was a perfectly regular Wednesday I decided that passing a store to get some bottles of wine, seemed acceptable.

When i arrived at home, I parked and screwed the lid of one of the bottles, taking a big gulp of it. I went inside and threw the keys in the bowl we have in the hallway and threw off my shoes.

Then I heard movement form inside the living room. She was home! She wasn't supposed to come back from her parents until tomorrow. I dropped everything I had in my hands and ran in there.

Then I located her and jumped her.

"Wow, lady! Why the jump-hug?"

"I've missed you!"

"Well, right back at ya, Hon. You seem freaked out."

She knew me too well.

"Guess who showed up at work today?"

"Oh my god, Ryan Gosling?!" she asked as she pushed me away, putting her hands on my shoulders.

"Do I look happy to you?"

"Oh no, sorry. Who?" She asked sounding more serious.

"Jack Michaelson."

She was quiet for a bit, as she looked at me completely frozen.

"Are you serious?" she asked as she had composed herself.

"Dead serious."

And then she walked away.

O-kay...

Before I knew it I heard the freezer open and then close again. I walked into the kitchen to see Erin taking down the blender.

"What are you doing?"

"We need strawberry daiquiris for this story I feel. Will you pass me the sugar?"

"I love you!" I yelled as I pulled out the sugar.

I went back out to the hallway to collect the stuff I had just thrown there, and carried my bottles of magic into the kitchen and placed them in the fridge. Then I walked into the living room and threw on some Ed Sheeran.

Always our go-to man.

I turned around and was greeted by a big glass of yumminess. Then we crashed on the couch, and I spilled the beans.

Daiquiri and Chardonnay!"

"Cheers, my darling!"

"Cheers!" I exclaimed, trying to clink my wine bottle together with Erin's, almost knocking down my empty daiquiri glass.

"No, but seriously. Do you really think he is up to his old games?"

"I don't know, I just know that I don't trust him."

"I understand," she answered, suddenly turning quiet. "But seriously, the amazing angry-sex you two could have, damn!"

I couldn't help but giggle.

"You've got a point, woman," I answered as I swung my legs off the sofa, trying to get up.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm thirsting, I need more wine. I should probably get some dinner too."

"Haven't you eaten yet? Woman, what am I gonna do with you?"

"Feed me?" I asked with the biggest innocent smile I could muster.

"Hah-hah, funny. I think we have some pizza in the freezer," she said getting up from the sofa extremely gracefully (n

I felt confused.

"Who?"

"If I remember correctly, you were about to go on a date before I left. Tell me everything!"

"Okay!" I said as I turned to her. "Remember that episode of friends where Monica says that she must have some kind of beacon that only dogs and men with severe problems can hear?"

"Yeah.." she answered hesitatingly.

"Turns out, I've got one of them too."

"Aw, man! What happened?"

"First of all, he really didn't like that I knew more about cars than he did."

"And that makes him a weirdo?"

"No, but the fact that he wants to commit suicide by the time he turns 35 if he hasn't become a rockstar by then, makes him one."

"He seriously said that?"

"Oh, it gets better. During the movie he also really wanted me to come with him out to the bathroom. Apparently he wanted me to take off my pantyhose. So he could lick me feet. As generous an offer it was, I had to turn him down."

In between laughing her ass off and clapping her hands together like a retarded seal, she succeeded in giggling the words; "Are you for real?" and I could only answer her correctly.

"Indeed I am."

"I'm so sorry! He seemed like such a great guy!"

"I know. There's nothing to do about it, I just have to bet back up on that... Is something burning?"

"Oh my god, the pizza!"

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

And she did it! Two chapters in one day! Whoop whoop!

Thanks again, my darlings for reading and if you feel like this story deserves it, please vote <3

And the date I just described, is a combination of two dates I have been on in the past. I'm such a lucky girl, I know. If you have also been on a horrible date, feel free to tell me, I'm always up for a good laugh. ;)

Have a lovely day, I'm sending good karma your way!

Alex oxox