Chapter 6

Catherine

Oh... My god.

This is so not happening. How did he find me?

"What are you doing here?" I asked rather rudely.

He looked at me like I was stupid.

"Who do you think owns the Lotus?"

I was speechless.

He drives around in a Lotus - of course! Damn him.

"This is yours?" I asked him while trying to stop myself from drooling.

"Yes," he said with a smirk on his face. "You seem very happy to see me, Catherine."

And the drooling was over.

"You wish. I'm just exited that I get to work on a V6 engine," I said crossing my arms. "What are you doing all the way out here?"

"I was supposed to meet Rick at his studio."

"And where's that?" I asked him with raised brows.

"Eveston."

"Why the hell would he want his studio to be all the way out here?"

Jack got a funny expression on his face. Then he chuckled, "beats me."

I hated how casual he acted around me. I hate you, you idiot! Feel my wrath!

"Hey, Cat! I'll be leaving now," I heard Bruce say. He appeared by my side, crossing his arms. Amazing he can still do that... "Unless you want me to stay?" He asked unsure, while looking at Jack.

"I'm fine, see you tomorrow. At 7:30, sharp!"

"Yeah yeah, whatever," He said giving me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Marshmallow," I muttered under my breath. "Okay. So!" I said turning to Jack(ass) again. "We're closing shop in like," I looked at the watch on the wall, "four and a half minutes, so I'll wait until tomorrow to take a look at your engine. Hopeful-"

"Tomorrow? I didn't plan on staying the night in this town, is it possible for you to look at it now?"

"Nope. Hopefully you'll be able to take it with you tomorrow afternoon, if I don't have to order home some parts."

"Are you serious? Is this about the kiss?"

"F*ck the kiss! You're not getting special treatment in this shop, no matter who you are, or how rich you are," I finished in the calmest voice I could master.

"Not even a friend?"

"We're not friends."

"Are we really going to do this?"

"Do what?" I said glaring at him.

"Act like we do not know each other."

"We don't."

"Fine," he took a deep breath. "Do you have a rental or something that I can borrow while you fix my car."

Good job with the subject change.

"Does this look like a place that has rentals? We're four employees," I said giving him a 'duh' look. "I'm sure you can effort a cab home."

"I have to be at Rick's and a taxi will not drive all the way out here to pick me up and then drop me off at the other side of town."

"Then walk. It's not that far."

"I do not know where it is. Could you maybe drop me off?"

"Are you for real?"