Chapter 7

Jack

This is just great.

I am left alone outside a freaking purple house with no car, and a mate that does not answer his phone. I really could not be bothered to begin knocking on all the doors and stuff, so I decided to just ask whomever lived in the purple house if she/he knew about a studio close by.

I knocked on the door. And Rich answered.

"Hey pall, what are you doing here?"

"Are you kidding me right now? You invited me, you dumbass," I said trying not to growl.

"Oh, right! I did."

"Have you not received any of my messages?"

"My phone is always turned off when i'm working. Where did you park?"

"At the auto shop."

"Why the hell would you park there? That's on the other side of town," he exclaimed in wonderment.

I there any activity going on on that top floor of his, or is it just hollow with a 'For rent' sign.

"I had to. My car stopped working on my way here."

"Oh..." He said as he scratched his head. "Oh! Did you see Catherine?"

"Yes I did. How long have you known she was a mechanic?"

"Since I saw her at the grocery store all greasy and black half a year ago."

I just nodded.

"Are you gonna let me in or what?"

"I haven't decided yet," he answered with a smirk on his face.

"Shut up," I said as I pushed his shoulder to make him step away.

"Is it possible for me to crash here?"

"Yup, I do it all the time. The couch in the office is very comfortable."

"No problem."

The first thing we walked into was the studio. It looked exactly like when you see it on the movies, just a little smaller. A glass room with instrument a mic and a dj console and the room we walked into, with even more consoles, computers and switches.

It looked almost professional.

"It looks good."

"I know. It's awesome!"

Then we walked through a door at the opposite side of the room than the one we walked through to get inside. He lead me into what I assume is the office seeing as there was a couch and two chairs surrounding a coffee table, a desk with a computer chair and a computer on and a big calendar on the wall with half-naked women. Typical Rick.

I places my briefcase on one of the chairs and sat down on the sofa. Rick sat down on the chair that matched the desk.

"So this is where you have been spending all your time lately?"

"Yup, in here and the sound studio. Cool, huh?"

"It is actually. Why was it again that you did not tell med that it was in the purple house and not close to it?"

"Hehe, the purple house. No one knows this is where my studio is," he said with a devious smirk on his face. "It keeps all the snoopers and fans away."

"Are you calling me a snooper?"

"No, but I didn't want anyone to have it on writing."

"You are such a pain in the ass."

"Yup!" He dumped his feet on the table and took something out of the desk drawer. "What do you say we order some pizza?"

"Sound good. Is there anywhere that delivers?"

"If you pay them enough."

"Alright then."

Food arrived and we immediately started to consume it.

"So, what happened to your car?"

"I have no idea. They were closing when I arrived so they will not be looking at it until tomorrow."

"That sucks. But don't worry, Cat may be a woman, but she rocks at fixing cars trust me. She fixed up mine a couple of weeks ago and even adjusted a lot of other stuff in the engine that needed fixing, for free. Apparently she can't help it, and she doesn't want to charge extra when she fixes something the customer didn't want fixed. I gave her a large tip anyway, but still."

"I never thought that would be the industry she would end up in."

"Hah, me either!" he said as he took a large bite of his pizza slice. "But I'll tell ya! It's a sight for sore eyes. I think if you look closely, you'll still be able to see the five fingers she left on my cheek from when I told her," he ended while wiggling his eyebrows.

I could not help but laugh. She really had grown some balls.

"Okay, so what is the deal with the big guy?" I said taking a bite.

"I don't know. Rumor had it that him and his crew vandalized the shop and he got caught. In stead of calling the cops, Cat's father offered to hire him to help him get on the straight and narrow."

His crew?

"I always saw Frank as a nice guy."

"He is! And apparently Cat thinks so too, since rumor has it that she ripped up her roots to come help her father out."

Makes sense, but I think her fleeing from her mother also was a big factor as to why she moved out here.

"How do you know so much, anyway?"

"Dude, who are you talking to?"

"Seriously, have you been through every woman in this town?"

"No, nothing like that!" He exclaimed, sounding almost shocked that I would think that. "I just gossip a lot."

"You are like an old woman."

"Yup, isn't it great?!"

I really could not tell is he was being sarcastic. I decided to let it slide.

I stood up and made my way over to the door leading into the studio.

"Alright, Alaric Smith. Show me what you have so far."

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Greetings my darlings

First of all, THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! My story now has over a hundred views! That is so big to me! I feel so grateful for all of you who is sticking to this story and takes the time to vote, comment or just read it! Thank you all, you are the definition of awesome! And I am so sorry for updating so late! I've been a very distracted lately, but I hope you are still sticking to this story!

BUT! Have no fear, I'll update again later today to make it up to you!

Hope you liked this chapter! 

Alex oxox

PS: I have yet to read it through, so there might be some errors here and there, but I'll see to it as soon as possible.