5 II Unexpected Visit

It was dead in the night and you were staring at nowhere in particular, it's cold but the several layers of blankets, comforters and the active fireplace derived you of any discomfort. You feel as if you were a marshmallow as you look at the familiar scenery outside, you admit you're a bit lonely now that you think of it.

    By now, Hezekiah must be thinking of Adeliza. Many things should have happened by now, his interest was bubbling at a turning point and it's about time he meets her again for the third time. The time is flowing smoothly and here you are, cooped up with boredom, waiting for something familiar to happen, a scene where you're involved.

     At this point you're just waiting for her to be introduced to you in a ball hosted by the second prince. There's no date in the story so you're just waiting for an envelope from the Imperial family, many days have already passed but nothing came apart from other invitations you couldn't care about. You watched as the moonlight was filtered through the curtains of the huge windows, you kind of miss electricity and internet, your phone too.

     Suddenly, the curtains moved as if a huge gust of wind bust through it. Of course you sat down immediately at the abrupt moment, you feel your breathing quicken. You even gripped your thick blanket to your chest and closer to your body, as if it'll protect you from whatever harm will come to you. The bell is just near, to summon the knights.

     "Why do you look frightened?" A voice whispered suddenly behind you. You screamed and jumped up to your feet, practically prancing away from the bed and away from the person who magically appeared behind you. With adrenaline, you started to throw the heavy pillows on the guy with incredible speed. 

     "Woah! Woah! Calm yourself!" It appears to be a man, he's trying to speak up but your pillows kept hitting him in face. Why he doesn't dodge was a mystery to you. You ran out of pillows but you picked up the stool instead, ready to throw it to the man. The man, mumbled something under his breath and suddenly the stool was a ton heavier than before. It caused you to fall down on your butt and stare at the man. 

     It's dark but you managed to see his mischievous purple eyes. It's kind of familiar. 

     "Thankfully I cast silencing magic just in case." He giggled and you're starting to think if this guy is some kind of secret lover of the villainess. Probably but heck no. If there is, he'll get dragged to the story too, there's no way an affair could get hidden away cleanly especially when it's the villainess we're talking about. All her sins were revealed, there's no way this one would get swept under the rug. 

     "I thought you're used to it at this point?" His voice was as mischievous as his eyes, having this playful tilt in his tone. His face was yet to get shown because of the pure darkness of the bedroom. But you could pinpoint some, none of which could remind you of anything but something in your mind was screaming.

      Screaming that he's important, he had a meter on top of his head, he's gotta be special!

     "Who in the actual fuck are you?" But nothing came into mind. 

     "Huh?" At your genuine reaction, he was dumbfounded. Before you know it, you've become face to face with the man you're unfamiliar with, far too close that you even tried to push him off. He's handsome, like Hezekiah too but their personalities were the complete opposite. No matter how handsome he is, you did not want him close. 

     "It's me, Amadeus! Your friend? Hello?" 

     "Oh." You knew he's important, he's one of the male leads. The magician of some tower, Caesar Amadeus Julius Leicester, the villainess' best friend before everything fell apart between the two of them due to Caesar falling in love with the female lead too. Due to your shock, you just let out a sound that elicited a dramatic gasp from your supposed friend.