10 II Somewhere In Between

Hezekiah is uncomfortable, he is in many levels. Perhaps you can say it's caused by his witch of a fiancée who takes every opportunity to annoy him and shove herself in his personal space. He's mainly uncomfortable to the fact that he's more aware of your scent now that you stuck yourself beside him and leaned all your weight on him like he's some piece of pillar for you to use.

He doesn't mind, he can provide that much, it's natural to provide stability to a lady when she's clearly struggling to go down with their dresses being too detailed. He sweat dropped though, because what the heck? Why wrap your hands around his muscles instead of normally holding his hand?

Glancing down to you, he based that from your victorious grin, you have accomplished your daily goal to cause deliberate irritation within him. He doesn't know why but even just seeing you, he felt as if you accomplished a whole weeks of daily goal.

As he led both of you down the stairs and down the carriage that waited, he didn't fail to notice the way you almost tripped, his eyes trailed to your focused eyes and didn't speak when he saw your face contort to that of something akin to unnoticed frustration. He mentally sighed, right, he needs you to be careful if he didn't want to be pummeled down the stairs if you happen to fall and take him with you.

Taking his focus forward, since he noticed that he's staring too much, he uttered, "Careful."

He pretended to not notice your eyes grilling on the side of his face, he's afraid that if he gets distracted then he might be the one to lead you both tumbling down the stairs. He does not want that obviously, you already fell down the stairs once and it had caused you to be paralyzed and unconscious for some time, him experiencing that wouldn't be the best case scenario.

Unconsciously, he found himself tightening his hold on you, better be cautious then.

-

What's with you? Why act so loving on the moment then suddenly start rolling your eyes at him? If you weren't his fiancée, he would've plucked your eyes for that disrespectful contemptuous action you just did, he knows it's not meant for him to see when you did it with your face turned away from him, he sure knows you did.

One moment you held his bicep like a leech then later, sit so far from him that even the hem of your skirt wouldn't touch the tip of his shoes. Yet again, the servants weren't exaggerating, you are moody. The images of your face suddenly turning sour when he called you in the office still hadn't gone far from his mind to forget. Then, after all, he realized that he hadn't spent so much time with you prior to you falling down the stairs, perhaps it was pity on his part that he wanted to check on you despite knowing you'd be there to supposedly seduce him.

Really, why did he even think that you'd change your cunning and annoying ways when you woke up. But maybe you did change in a way when you surprisingly obeyed him with laying low with your luxurious displays. After all he did tell you that he'd cut your budget if you didn't obey, he wasn't really going to give you room for that

Still, you went down a bit too easy doesn't it? Though, perhaps you decided to go and annoy him as payment.

To you staying laylow, to your sudden display of embroidery, to your deliberate actions aimed to annoy him, to your manners in the dining room.

He knew you prior, that you didn't eat that much to maintain that slim figure you always wanted with the effort of extra tight lacing with the corset but now you're shameless.

Absolutely shameless with the way you DEVOURED dishes after dishes and claims for it to be one bite. Absolutely shameless with the way you make him sit there and watch you eat and leave no more dishes for him to eat. Absolutely shameless with the way you make him act like a servant and make him hand you plates. Absolutely shameless for you to eat with that unfamiliar happy face of yours.

And now, you're here yet again, showing such an expression when you waved at his people, the kids to be exact. You had this smile that looked so genuine it made him scoff, you looked so enthusiastic that he almost believed that you loved the people and did not see them as poor dirty commoners. You waved and waved, smiled and smiled that even though he can feel your strain and tiredness, you still went for it. You didn't close the curtain and relaxed.

That's why, he found you hypocritical. Your actions and your unconscious actions were different, he can already tell.

He was wrong, the amount of changes within you far outweighs than the ones that remained the same.

You did change.

And he couldn't tell whether it was good or not.

---

Merry Christmas everyone!

Date : 12/15/23