11 II Something More

You wish you could have done better.

Better in annoying the man that is. But you have your boundaries too and if you really were to annoy him then you'd probably have to lick him in his forehead. That was a weird notion but you've been a lot more random these few days. Days have been mundane with the lack of action, you see during these times, the villainess had decided to stay down low because she couldn't risk her budget getting cut off.

You could say you've been itching to say the last, you can only relieve yourself with embroidery and annoying Hezekiah when he happens to be there. You could say Amadeus and his letters provided most of your amusement but it caused nervousness to strike more because if you were to reply wrong, the man could find out.

You still remember his last letter before you went to prepare for the ball. It was along the lines of almost drowning because he casted the wrong magic due to him being sleepy, how can someone be so clumsy. Perhaps, his letters, as hard it was to reply, was one of your only solace that can make you laugh with how absurd it is.

"What's occupying your mind?"

What's with him suddenly getting curious? Isn't it his job to only ask those when infront the female lead?

"Nothing, I was just spacing out your excellency."  You really weren't lying, you're a bit tired with the bumpy carriage and all. You hadn't got the energy either to talk, it's not like he'd engage in one if you're the speaker so it was better to zone out and look outside.

"Are you thinking of the man?" He's been a bit talkative. You raised your eyebrow at him, what could he possibly want to know with such a question? Is he implying someone bad? Were his hate for you so bad that he hadn't let go of the idea that you're cheating on him?

"What man your excellency?" Let's play a bit dumb, you might be thinking a bit broadly. You need to get to the specifics. And when his eyes trailed to the necklace? You got your answer.

"Oh, my friend?" You readily answered, placing a finger on top of your lips to make it look like you're a bit surprised, "He's never crossed my mind since. Why do you ask? Are you jealous?"

It's a lie, you did think of Amadeus a few moments ago but that was only because you kind of miss his crazy letters, not the man himself.

"I was only asking, don't make such assumptions." You had the urge to jump him and make the whole carriage shake with your fist pummeling his whole body, wasn't he the one to speak first and make assumptions? Here he goes again with the usual words, he initiates these rare talks where he was the one to speak first then leave as if he wasn't the one to start making shit up.

"Ah is that so." Hmm, you have more important matters to attend to than this man and nonsense drivel. Perhaps you should focus on him, after all you should act like a seductive soon to be duchess but he doesn't seem to be in the mood for that, and you weren't too. As ridiculous as it may be, the villainess knows when to back out sometimes, of course when it comes to Hezekiah only.

Enough of him. You went on to peer outside, sliding the curtain to give yourself a little view of the outside, your eyes trailed to the big castle up ahead. You're already near and your butt couldn't have felt more happier for the rest it's about to have. Bye bye carriage.

Right, you have to prepare your act. After all, after weeks of peaceful retreat and standby, it's your time to shine and introduce yourself to the female lead and strike up a good impression. Of course for the sake of impression only, if you were to attack her all of the sudden, then she wouldn't possibly trust you when you suddenly ask her for the very important event in the story.

You're thirsty, thirsty about action. You wonder if you're gonna mess things up, you don't have to recite the same exact words as the villainess, that requires too much memorization power, but you do know the gist of each exchange so you know you can fare.

But what if you fell for the charm of the female lead? You're only human after all and it's only aliens who can counter such charm. No no, think straight, think of your goal. That's right, keep your focus.

It was silent for a while until the carriage stopped. You heard the coachman talk and soon it began to move once again, with the curtains not drawn you cannot see what's outside, not that you bothered to see anyways.

To be honest this is your first time ever to attend a ball and mingle with so many people at once. You don't think you're going to be able to handle such a task but you're going for it, this body has not failed you with lending it's knowledge. You have learned that if you think good enough this body of yours will take action and suddenly you will know what to do. Perhaps it's a buff, or it's just muscle memory at this point.

Just sit straight and appear as if you're the most nicest human being in the world.

Smile and wave guys. Just smile and wave.

And soon enough, the carriage stopped and you were broken out of stupor when you were hit with the fact that hey, it's gotten noisy outside and you swore you heard an orchestra playing, that is normal after all.

"Come on, we do not to be late." Hezekiah had already gone down the carriage and had hold out his hand for you to take. You did not miss the total disdain in his face, you could tell he already wants out of this and because he is your fiancé, it's automatic that he'd become your escort.

And by the looks of it, he did not want that at all. He's urging you to take his hand as fast as possible so he can let go as urgent as possible too. What a rude man, doesn't even disguise his hate.

But you're more rude and pity than him.

Who could stop you from moving as slow like a snail and keep him waiting? That's right, no one.

----

DATE : 12/26/23

Guess who updated again